Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb Personal Risk Services is seeking a Business Development Manager for our Boston, MA branch.
The Business Development Manager will be an integral part of a team with responsibility for profit, growth, retention and expansion of Chubb’s personal insurance portfolio in Boston. The BDM accomplishes these goals through effective agency management, developing and leveraging strong agency relationships, and effectively positioning Chubb as the High Net Worth carrier of choice. The BDM is also expected to cultivate prospects and work with agents and internal constituents to shepherd them through the sales process. This position will be based in our Boston office and will oversee about 50 agency relationships. The territory includes the greater Boston area which is an extremely dynamic, competitive, complex marketplace. The BDM will have the opportunity to work with world-class agents and many large, complicated High Net Worth personal lines accounts.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager include:
- Growth and stewardship of a $70M book of High Net Worth business, managing relationships with several of Chubb's Cornerstone partners
- Ownership of sales processes, including positioning, large account management and production, customer visitation, prospecting and pipeline management, and lead source development
- Accountability for building meaningful relationships through frequent agency travel, superior service and producer education
- Marketing, including successfully deploying new products and services, monitoring of competitor activities and marketplace trends, and adding value to agents’ sales processes
- Producer management, including analysis of agency performance and executing business plans to maximize results in support of Chubb’s goals and strategies
- Collaboration with Underwriting, Risk Consulting, Claims, Branch Administration and all Commercial Lines departments
- 5+ years personal lines marketing, underwriting, or sales experience
- Solid technical knowledge; including policy forms and regulatory environment
- A proven track record of successful sales and negotiating wins
- Excellent marketing skills, including results analysis and customer service
- Exceptional oral and written communication ability, as well as effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of agency management and effective business planning
- The ability to work autonomously and effectively manage multiple priorities
- Must be willing to travel overnight 3-4 days per month
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.