BeBold. Be Ambitious. Be Passionate.
Imagine being able to put your history of success in prospecting new clients and growing existing client relationships into selling a ?product? that can actually improve the lives of children and families. Imagine working directly with some of the most recognized brands in the industry: Microsoft, Google, JP Morgan, Mercedes Benz . Welcome to a different kind of sales role and a different kind of company. Meaningful work is part of our day to day life.
Learning Care Group believes our employees empower our brand and are the reason behind our success. We are the 2nd largest leader in for profit early education headquarted in Novi, Michigan. We have 7 unique school brands: ChildTime, La Petite, Montessori, TutorTime, The Children?s Courtyard, Creative Kids and Everbrook and a total of 900+school locations across the country. We work to improve the lives of our children and their families. Likewise, we care about the well-being of our employees at LCG! iCare is a foundation that was started in hopes to help our employees who are in need when life circumstances put them in a difficult spot. iCare allows team members to help and supportother team members through small donations that make a large difference.
What we ask you to accomplish
Serious ambition welcome. Come build winning relationships with customers. The Business Development Manager is responsible for growing our managed care and on-site partnership business, by generating new relationships and growing existing relationships in this segment of our childcare service offering. This position will be based in Novi, but responsible for the East Division.
- Directly market and build relationships with new corporate clients, securing new service contracts for managed care or on-site partnerships offerings.
- Develop, negotiate and execute new service contract offerings.
- Act as point of contact for all new managed care opportunities; coordinate cross-functional activities of new development team to provide appropriate responses.
- Proactively identify potential new managed care business opportunities.
- Meet/exceed the customer?s (internal and external) expectations by understanding, anticipating and meeting customer needs.
- Exhibit proactive communication; act and think with customers in mind.
- Effectively communicate with leadership to ensure visibility of projects by developing metrics to examine and track performance as it relates to customer satisfaction and financial performance.
- Friendly,enthusiastic and energetic with customers, co-workers, managers, and visitors.Promote and project a positive company image; treats others with courtesy and respect.
What you bring to the table
So what does it take to succeed in this role? We?re looking for fearless cold-callers who can combine intense self-motivation with well-developed time management skills. You should also have:
- Bachelor?s degreepreferred.
- Minimum 4years Account Management experience.
- Proven track record of verifiable new customer acquisition in a quota driven business environment
- Operations experience in a large multi-unit organization preferred
- A passion for or interest in Early Childhood Education.
- Excellent customer service and follow-up skills with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to present to large groups and build relationships.
- Collaborative ability to work with peers across many functionalists within the company.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Up to 30% sporadic travel including overnight.