The position will be responsible for generating new federal business and will lead federal business development and capture efforts, sales and marketing and proposal development. The focus of this position will be supporting efforts to develop business using SeaPort-e.
SeaPort-e ® is the Navy's electronic platform for acquiring support services in 22 functional areas including Engineering, Financial Management, and Program Management. The Navy Systems Commands (NAVSEA, NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NAVFAC, and NAVSUP), the Office of Naval Research, Military Sealift Command, and the United States Marine Corps compete their service requirements amongst 2400+ SeaPort-e ® IDIQ multiple award contract holders. The SeaPort-e ® portal provides a standardized, efficient means of soliciting offers from amongst the diverse population of large and small businesses and their approved team members. All task orders are competitively solicited, awarded and managed using the SeaPort-e ® platform. Since nearly 85% of its contract–holders are small businesses, the SeaPort-e ® approach to acquiring services provides opportunity that fuels the Nation’s engine of job growth
Simply stated, SeaPort-e ® provides an efficient and effective means of contracting for professional support services and enhancing small business participation.
- Align activities with capturing work competitively.
- Support competitive procurement efforts.
- Identify and drive work to task orders on established IDIQ and GSA contracts.
- Develop projections and reporting for monthly, weekly and daily sales and sales contacts.
- Use a sales contact database system, such as Salesforce.
- Coordinate the research and development of capture and account plans.
- Execute capture plan to convert opportunities to awarded multi-year revenue contracts.
- Participate in local network organizations.
- Develop and manage marketing/sales material.
- Maintain good communication with the client, supervisor and peers within the organization to ensure both positive and negative feedback is communicated.
- Serve as customer liaison, listening and understanding the customer issues and problems, providing a solution if possible, and following through on all commitments.
- May perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Manage a team and provide input towards hiring/firing/performance decisions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exhibit knowledge and experience in the federal sales capture process.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication, presentation, follow-up, negotiation and closing skills.
- Establish and build relationships within all levels of client management.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite and in contact management database software.
- Demonstrated use of the Shipley Capture Process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree Business, Marketing or, depending on the company, a degree related to that field and 8 or more years of experience in business development role working with federal government clients with at least 5 or more years of experience capturing competitive work in the federal government market space.