We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
As the Business Development Office for Stock Plan Services, we are responsible for working with cross enterprise partners to provide a “One Schwab” solution for our corporate clients with the shared goal of consolidating and retaining assets with Schwab. We do this by partnering with Service, Support, Marketing and other key partners to optimize our strategic approach for engaging these clients. Considerations include scale of our efforts, long term engagement/education plans, financial solutions tailored to the target client demographic. We also organize, educate and prepare our field for corporate client engagement and work directly with our corporate sponsors to make sure we are meeting the needs of their employees.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for motivated individuals to support and optimize our business development efforts with our corporate clients while also educating and activating resources to support the needs of our clients and their employees.
As a Business Development Manager, you will proactively recognize and introduce potential client solutions. In addition, you will be responsible for effectively coordinating with Service, Strategy, Marketing and Relationship Management to respond to client needs. You will also be responsible for coordinating onsite events, workshops and presentations at our corporate clients’ facilities.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work related experience, Series 7 and 63 licenses and a minimum of 5-7 years of Financial Services experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Stock Plan Services and Equity Compensation Plans
- Our ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter; and have a proven ability to deliver excellent client service with the ability to anticipate and resolve problems under their own initiative.
- Articulate communicator with good listening skills. Presents well in person, on the phone, in meetings, and in written form
- Ability to learn the products and services with a limited learning curve is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel, and Salesforce is strongly preferred.
- Strong PowerPoint Skills and ability to design, create and modify presentations
- Excellent project and time management skills. Able to manage multiple priorities and many details, to handle deadline pressure, to drive the project to completion smoothly, to keep people informed, to document appropriately.
- Active eager learner able to quickly establish personal credibility. Quickly learns from experience and translates learning into new behavior and approaches.
- Passionate about client service. Likes to make a contribution and help others succeed.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate
- Collaborative with proven ability to develop internal and external partnerships
- High achievement orientation, measures success through quantitative results
- Able and willing to travel occasionally, some overnight travel.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life