Achieve financial plan for territory or accounts assigned for the Life Science unit. This person will be responsible for effective territory and account strategy implementation with key accounts, consultative selling, and technical assistance for new & existing customers in the field of molecular and immunological testing. The successful candidate will maximize Meridian's Life Science market share in existing and new accounts and sales opportunities by promoting product growth and providing development, management and account direction for assigned territory.
Territory and Account Sales: Achieve 100% or greater to Life Science sales plan
- Responsibility for achieving or exceeding territory sales plan
- Execute the company's marketing plan for achievement of product line sales plans and product launches
- Coordinate all details relating to customer interactions at trade shows and conferences in territory.
- Provide monthly sales forecasts and report monthly KPI's for field sales activity and sampling
- Maintain industry, company, and competitive product files
- Analyze various market segments as new product opportunities present themselves for business considerations
- Identify new opportunities that can significantly fuel growth
- Maintain updated information on all customer contacts for our databases
- Strategic management territory and accounts – partner with Inside Sales for the support and growth
- Proactive selling and growth strategy implementation to accounts in territory
- Establish or reestablish the customer relationships by proactively calling and visiting new or inactive accounts/prospects. Specific functions may include: introducing new products, sales programs, promotions, developing proposals and contracts.
- Utilize needs based and consultative selling techniques to determine product and service needs for both new and ongoing accounts/prospects.
- Direct customer complaints, billing issues, technical/quality problems, etc. to appropriate area or Inside Sales.
- Keep relevant metrics updated related to proposals, contracts, conversion rates and revenues and any additional requested metrics.
- Conduct lead generation activities as set by plan.
- Pricing coordination for assigned accounts.
- Contact and visit customer and conduct products promotion including sample activities, review and identify strategic direction, problem areas and opportunities to promote sales growth.
- Travel to customers >50% of time.
- Develop and maintain business practices that minimize scrap and maximize product line profit margins
- Obtain necessary approvals regarding pricing, margins, contract pricing.
- Stay within sales expense budget
- Monitor carefully territory expenses to minimize wasteful activities
Achieve increased sales performance for Life Science through development of new opportunities with corporate accounts and distribution partners
- Develop and maintain all contracts relating to key accounts and execute key account strategies and customer reviews.
- Develop/maintain opportunities for sales growth in key corporate accounts and emerging market opportunities.
- Consult with management any contracts before accepting terms or signing any quality agreements
- Develop and maintain all pricing and business contracts in accordance with all company policies
- Develop service programs to ensure positive customer relations with order entry, customer service, contract management, technical services, and sales
- Accountable for any other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by management.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Attributes:
- 3 years or more proven sales experience within IVD market segments demonstrating a strong track record of selling molecular and/or immunological reagents to diagnostic companies
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and in written form
- Ability to execute sound judgement and analyse complex issues
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with all levels within the company
- Skills with Microsoft Office and a Customer Relationship Management platform such as SFDC Customer and market focused driven.
- High need and proven ability to set and accomplish goals to deliver results.
- Visionary and strategic, able to perceive growth opportunities.
- Entrepreneurial, driven to successfully convert business opportunities into profit and value.
- Innovative, creative, makes connections, curious and always learning.
- Proactive, energetic, a self-starter.
- Forms and values strong interpersonal relationships.
- Attitude and ability to work in team environment, a team builder and effective collaborator.
- Engaging, inspirational, enthusiastic and confident.
- High integrity, sincerity, and standards.
- Understanding of ISO13485, FDA and CE-IVD regulations with regard to complaint compliance, product distribution and sales and marketing activities.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of extremely sensitive data, records, files, conversations, etc.
Key Metrics for Success of the Demand Creation Process
- Face to face visits to customers
- Samples placed with customers
- Follow up on Sample feedback
- Closure of the opportunity into an Order
- Business gained & business lost
- New customers
- Sales & Margins
- Sales growth per Account
Education and Experience:
- BSc in Biomedical Sciences or related field or equivalent
- Understanding of diagnostic techniques in the following areas: PCR, QPCR, lateral flow and ELISA
- Masters or PhD Degree in a Biomedical Science, an MBA or equivalent would be advantageous
- 5 years' experience or equivalent in Sales at a Life Science company
- Ability to travel locally and internationally at least 50% of the time
- Willing and able to travel and stay overnight at hotels in different cities