Venable LLP has an exciting opening for an experienced Business Development Manager to drive marketing and business development strategies of our Business Division.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
- Partnering with the Division Chair, Practice Group Leaders and Government Division Partners to establish, refine and review business development goals and industry initiatives consistent with the firm’s overall strategic direction
- Managing and leading a team of Business Development professionals in their support of Division initiatives
- Collaborating with Regional Marketing teams to ensure regional and national strategies are aligned
- Managing and preparing responses to new business development opportunities, including responding to Requests for Proposal (RFPs)
- Developing and managing strategies to promote marketing of division attorneys to internal stakeholders, clients, prospects, and the business community
- Identifying opportunities and making recommendations to expand existing client work and enhance cross-selling within division practice groups and other firm practice groups
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field or education/experience equivalent required, Juris Doctorate preferred
- Success in professional services-related marketing and business development, including a minimum of five years marketing management experience and a minimum of two years supervisory experience
- Computer aptitude; extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and InterAction
- Ability to make persuasive presentations on marketing topics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with high level of attention to detail
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of responsibilities and the aptitude for effective and creative problem solving
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands
- Ability to work in a consultative manner
- Must be able to travel to various marketing/firm events/meetings.