Business Development Manager-Business Division
Venable LLP has an exciting opening for an experienced Business Development Manager to drive marketing and business development strategies of our Business Division.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
- Partnering with the Division Chair, Practice Group Leaders and Government Division Partners to establish, refine and review business development goals and industry initiatives consistent with the firm’s overall strategic direction
- Managing and leading a team of Business Development professionals in their support of Division initiatives
- Collaborating with Regional Marketing teams to ensure regional and national strategies are aligned
- Managing and preparing responses to new business development opportunities, including responding to Requests for Proposal (RFPs)
- Developing and managing strategies to promote marketing of division attorneys to internal stakeholders, clients, prospects, and the business community
- Identifying opportunities and making recommendations to expand existing client work and enhance cross-selling within division practice groups and other firm practice groups
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field or education/experience equivalent required, Juris Doctorate preferred
- Success in professional services-related marketing and business development, including a minimum of five years marketing management experience and a minimum of two years supervisory experience
- Computer aptitude; extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and InterAction
- Ability to make persuasive presentations on marketing topics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with high level of attention to detail
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of responsibilities and the aptitude for effective and creative problem solving
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands
- Ability to work in a consultative manner
- Must be able to travel to various marketing/firm events/meetings.