Builds market position by identifying, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing lasting business opportunities with existing Burns & McDonnell Clients.
- This position will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities for assigned GFS lines of business in support of BMcD current and prospective clients.
- Coordinate with internal Burns & McDonnell client managers (across multiple Global Practices as necessary) to develop pursuit plans in conjunction with ongoing business opportunities.
- Utilize CRM for opportunity tracking and developing Client Action Plans for wide distribution of business insights.
- Organize Client and/or opportunity specific team of design and construction professionals to contribute to winning potential business opportunities.
- Conduct timely hand-off of Client project opportunity and/or Client relationship to Account Manager.
- Utilize CRM for all business intelligence information including: opportunity tracking, record of contacts and development of Client Action Plans.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments from current and prospective clients and industry peers.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equityinvestments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Attend and participate in professional associations. Strive for leadership role in select professional associations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Identify new, non-traditional and compelling solutions to a customers stated project scope of work to differentiate BMcD.
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with other Business Development Leads and Project Managers. Collect real time marketing data from internal team and lead internal team marketing meetings.
- Build relationships with assigned Clients at highest possible corporate level.
- Contribute to annual marketing and sales planning process.
- Commit to personal sales and marketing goals, develop plan to achieve goals
Closing Skills, High Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs, Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, High Energy Level, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, Servant Leadership, and be willing to learn and adjust in order to optimize business development.
Successful candidate should possess a successful sales history with a minimum of 7 years of related marketing and salesexperience. Candidate must be entrepreneurial, wide thinking, and carry selfless, strong communication and coordination skills both internally and externally.