This position works with the Operations team to foster relationships with existing customers in an effort to expand and protect existing services provided. This position travels throughout assigned territory to call on prospective customers to develop new business by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate & regional goals.
- Creates and executes business plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Assembles deliverables prepared before passing to client.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities, identifies business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to the line of business.
- Effectively conveys our message in written/verbal business development discussions.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Responsible for establishing plant/job-site relationships.
- Accountable for knowing and understanding the “well-being” of assigned plant sites.
- Identifies customer issues and works with the operational lead to provide resolution
- Utilizes subject matter experts within the business development function.
- Insures assigned action items are completed within the timeframe identified from the account management side.
- Develops solid working relationship with the operations team for the good of the customer and corporation.
- Utilizes CRM to track and prepare reports of business opportunities.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote services.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (experience may substitute)
- 5-8 years’ experience in related field
- Specialty services background preferred (maintenance services, painting, insulation, scaffolding)
- Previous experience in or with “Operations” (somebody who has managed work, back office support type of responsibility).
- Ability to demonstrate conflict resolution and strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with various levels of management, customers, and operations
- Able to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, public speaking.
- Proficient with business technical writing and modeling presentations.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in interpreting and applying company policies to issues and problems.
- “hands-on” approach.
- Travel as required to regional offices or jobsites.