Business development is critical to continuing our growth and to fulfilling our mission. We are seeking one or more committed and driven business development professionals to join our team and expand the impact of our program solutions. Business Development Managers cultivate and manage relationships with decision makers at partner sites including early childhood education organizations, libraries, school districts, hospitals/health care institutions, and other organizations committed to families, children, and educator professional development.
We are considering both local (Denver/Boulder metro area) and remote professionals that would have respective inside and regional responsibilities.
This is not a traditional sales role, we are looking for someone who can sell the product and the program. Must be able to generate leads, follow-up and close.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges while you focus on:
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders and leveraging existing relationships with current partners.
- Managing current customers? renewals, expansion, and retention while also cultivating new sites.
- Actively uncovering and meeting the needs of customers and prospects by building collaborative relationships and delivering solutions.
- Working with the Director of Development, participating in renewal campaigns and marketing programs to uncover new business opportunities.
- Qualifying leads, managing the opportunity pipeline, and working collaboratively with the development and program team to complete the full cycle of the sales process.
- Tracking pipeline information and maintaining all opportunity progress in CRM, keeping records up to date.
- Represent organization at appropriate external functions, including exhibiting at conferences or regional meetings.
- Exceptional listener with excellent communication (oral & written) and presentation skills
- Self-starter, focused and competitive, driven to meet or exceed goals; a strong team player with high energy.
- Outstanding problem-solver with sound judgement and impeccable integrity
- Skilled throughout the sales process: converting prospects into customers, opportunities to sales.
- Understands and embraces the unique aspects of program sales versus straight product sales.
- Adept at opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management.
- Able to travel up to 30% of the time, with seasonal variances
- For candidates outside Denver/Boulder metro area: location in the southeast/southern US strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in the education and early childhood field strongly preferred
- 4-6 yearsexperience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher preferred.
Organization offers a fun, close knit, professional, and supportive work environment along with an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability, HSA/FSA, 401(k), & Paid Time Off and a competitive salary.
Job Type: Full-time