What is Bigfoot Biomedical?
Bigfoot believes people living with insulin-requiring diabetes deserve relief from its daily burden. We envision a world where the emotional, mental, physical, and financial burden of diabetes has been significantly reduced. We are passionately dedicated to delivering simpler, safer, and more effective solutions for life with insulin.
We are personally committed to the mission of improving the lives of people with diabetes through the application of smart technology. We bring deep and nuanced understanding of customer needs, demonstrated technical capabilities in developing and commercializing technology, and proven business acumen in funding and growing startups into profitable publicly traded enterprises.
What we are building at Bigfoot Biomedical
Bigfoot is building diabetes management solutions integrating data, software, smart devices, and people. This is your chance to join a very talented team!
The Business Development Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota of the Bigfoot Unity system by calling on Endocrinology clinics & Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists and will be responsible for the development and execution of territory-level business planning and strategy in an assigned geography. The BDM will report to the Regional Business Manager.
The Business Development Manager is accountable for delivering on corporate objectives and for consistently achieving sales objectives specific to a territory. This position is responsible for the development, management, and growth of the healthcare professional's prescription use of the Bigfoot Unity system.
- Meet/exceeds sales objectives as assigned by the company.
- Expertly introduce the Bigfoot subscription/service/reimbursement business model to healthcare providers and gain commitment by HCPs to contract
- Convert physicians, diabetes educators, and other health care professionals to prescribe the Bigfoot Unity system to their patients.
- Train health care professionals on how to use Bigfoot Unity and Abbott Libre 2 products and integrate Bigfoot Unity into their diabetes practice.
- Ability to alter provider habits and change the way diabetes is managed.
- Represent Bigfoot Biomedical at local, regional and national trade shows and diabetes exhibits to promote our products to the diabetes community.
- Consistently demonstrates a high level of proficiency and expertise in discussing and demonstrating Bigfoot Unity, as well as demonstrating our commitment to advancing patient care and outcomes.
- Instruct healthcare providers on how to interpret and navigate the Bigfoot HCP Portal.
- Ability to relate effectively with referral sources and health care professionals.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate sales records of target accounts in company CRM system.
- Creates a network of Key Opinion Leaders and Champion Prescribers within territory.
- Collaborate with manager and colleagues with recommendations to minimize or eliminate barriers and identify business opportunities.
- Complete all administrative requirements in a timely fashion as directed by management.
- Facilitates and conducts customer training programs.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA from a four-year college or university plus 4 years of related industry sales experience; preferably in one or more of the following areas: diabetes, endocrinology, insulin sales, CGM sales, insulin pump sales. Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Experience in B2B sales preferred.
- Willing to cover a large geography
- Ability to travel at least 80% in your assigned territory. Overnight travel will be required.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule which will include weekends and/or evening work.
- Must have a car, maintain a valid driver's license and required auto insurance, as well as good driving record, per company policy.
- Motivation and drive to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Strong presentation skills.
- Flexibility to work with a start-up company and an awareness of the needs and requirements that go along with it.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing market and see change as an opportunity to improve business performance.
- Proven, documented sales success with medical device/ pharmaceutical companies.
What will you do at Bigfoot Biomedical?
What you do here at Bigfoot will largely be defined by your existing skills and desire to grow to help us achieve the above. We have an employee-friendly working environment that provides bike racks and showers, lunch and snacks, and flexible hours. Our culture helps us stay focused on our goals.
We have competitive benefits. We have a great team culture. We understand that we all need to succeed as a team. We have fun while we're building a solution we can be proud of.
If you're ready to make a dent in the universe, join the mission, and feel like what you do every day isn't just a job, come talk to us!
Bigfoot Biomedical, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.