You will be part of Azavea’s management team and will have a diverse set of responsibilities including:
- Develop and implement business development strategy for Azavea’s professional services practice with an initial emphasis on growing our federal and international business.
- Work with a team to identify new opportunities, develop and review proposals and budgets for both research and professional services projects.
- Manage and support multi-disciplinary business development team through effective coaching and participation in all aspects of the business development process.
- Leverage and expand strategic partnerships (including Esri, CARTO, TriTech, Eclipse Foundation, and AWS).
- Leverage community engagement activities (open data, open source, Summer of Maps, etc.) to grow the business.
- Pursue strategic projects that reflect our mission and values.
- Manage and work to improve bid and proposal development activities.
- Develop deep knowledge of the geospatial industry, Azavea’s work, and our mission.
Qualities we’re looking for in you:
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to play a leadership role.
- Substantial demonstrated experience in business development and revenue growth.
- Experience with developing a professional services business for B2B or B2G customers.
- Proven track record expanding a business development team, growing revenue for a small to medium-sized company, and managing the entire funnel.
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills including outstanding presentation skills.
- Several years of experience managing and mentoring colleagues.
- Great time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks to achieve objectives.
- Proactive and resourceful in finding, building, and nurturing relationships with key decision makers and leaders.
- Passion for growing a mission-driven organization.
You get extra points for:
- Market research and analysis experience.
- Branding and marketing experience.
- Knowledge of the software development process and geospatial industry.
It’s not expected that any single candidate will have expertise in all of these areas; we’re looking for folks that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have a combination of interest and capabilities in others.