$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
The Marketing Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Business Development (BD) Manager in the New York office. The BD Manager is responsible for managing the creation and implementation of business development strategies for the White Collar Defense practice. The Manager serves as the primary liaison between practice and industry groups and the Marketing Department and is responsible for coordinating the resources of the Marketing Department and other Firm resources in implementation of those plans. The Business Development Manager will work closely withthe Practice Group leaders and attorney members, and Practice Management, to develop plans, execute pitches and proposals, and manage day-to-day business development activities to ultimately grow the White Collar Defense practice.
• Serves as a trusted advisor to the lawyers in the White Collar Defense practice group. Collaborates with the attorneys to develop business plans and marketing strategies for implementation.
• Develops business growth strategies and manages activities for workinggroups or initiatives affiliated with the White Collar practice, including Anti-Corruption (FCPA), False Claims Act, Workplace Integrity, Cannabis, Investigations, and Compliance.
• Develops business growth strategies and manages activities for the Newark, NJ office.
• Works with White Collar and affiliated groups to identify trends and opportunities, and develop new business approaches and targeted cross selling opportunities. Creates customized pitch material for specific opportunities.
• Regular travel to the Washington, DC office is expected for in-person meetings with the DC White Collar team.
• Works closely with White Collar lawyers to develop individual business development plans. Provides regular check in and follow up with coaching as necessary to ensure success.
• Manages RFPs, pitches and proposals from initial planning with the attorney team through to final submission.
• Collaborates with Director of Business Development to evaluate opportunities and develop multi-disciplinary new business pitches and responses to RFP's.
• Works closely with White Collar practice leaders and Practice Management to develop effective practice group meeting agendas and ensure follow up through communication of minutes and agreed upon action items.
• Coordinates with event planning staff to identify, sponsor or create targeted industry conferences, in-house client seminars/webinars, speaking engagements and other special events for Practice and Industry Groups. Identifies targets and works with Mailing List team to identify or create appropriate lists.
• Coordinates with the Market Research team to secure the necessary business development research (including client, industry and competitive intelligence).
• Uses Interaction to identify and confirm relationship targets.
• Identifies work or issues that are potentially media-worthy for the Media Relations team to implement PR, directories and other media placements for the assigned practice groups.
• Coordinates with the Marketing Communications team in the development of marketing materials and website content including practice area descriptions, brochures and PowerPoint presentations.
• Leads the strategy and execution for directories and surveys such as Chambers and other ranking submissions.
• Facilitates the integration of lateral partners and counsel into Practice Groups. Works closely with new laterals to ensure execution of their business development plans.
• Develops and manages Practice Group budgets.
• Works with Practice and Industry Groups to measure and reportprogress on business plans and business development efforts.
• Works with key client teams associated with designated practice groups.
• Supervises and mentors Business Development Coordinator and Assistant activities including pitch and proposal materials; updates to practice descriptions, experience items and attorney bios; directory submissions and event logistics.
• Four-year degree required. Masters or J.D. degree useful.
• Minimum of 7 years of marketing experience; professional services or law firm background preferred, particularly in white collar defense, investigations, litigation, or related area.
• Excellent computer and internet skills necessary; proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Experience with key research tools and databases, including experience, billing, client contacts and other web based research tools.
• Use of InterAction and Marketing databases required.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Persuasive writing skills for presentations, proposals and other marketing materials.
• Outstanding organization skills with attention to detail.
• Capable of handling many projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated maturity and ability to work well under pressure of deadlines.
• Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
• Knowledge of business development process in a services industry required.
• Experience in budget planning and client account management critical.
Valid Through: 2019-10-14