- Target segments include Roofing, Weather Barrier, Flashing, Insulation, Window and Door.
- For assigned segments, this role is the external technical face of Bostik. He/she is recognized by customers, allied suppliers, OEMs, and other influencers as an industry and technology expert.
- Ensure a robust pipeline of growth opportunities at new customers and applications with key technologies.
- The role will bring critical market intelligence back into the organization to feed into our segment strategy.
- This role will be measured on New Business growth.
- Develop relationships in the field in the specific market segments. Influence prospect’s design strategy where possible to help secure new business.
- This role will be an active member of BC MST, which drives the market strategy.
- Drive projects through entire life cycle: market research and plan, new product development when necessary, lead generation, qualification at customer(s), and commercialization
- Manage technical communication between prospects, specifiers, technical stakeholders, and our technical & marketing teams.
- With target customers, lead product specification and product qualification process.
- Lead with the support of PLM and TS new product, and new application launches within specific segment including the “commercialization” stage of the SG process.
- Provide training of external key stakeholders and prospects on all relevant technologies and applications.
- Manage and present to internal stakeholders the project pipeline through Salesforce.com.
- Represent Bostik by participating/presenting in industry groups and associations, technical committees, and trade shows.
- Lead global projects with marketing, technical and BD groups as needed.
- Practice Safe work habits in accordance with OSHA, EPA guidelines, and Bostik-specific EHS expectations.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- This customer facing position is critical for driving revenue growth by identifying and developing new business opportunities and by working with the cross functional Market Segment Teams. This position focuses on New Applications and New Technologies.
- Drive significant, high margin revenue growth with new applications in new markets and commercialization of new technologies.
- Identify industry trends which provide the future direction of the MST. Develop new markets for new technologies.
- Manage medium to high complexity, possibly global, business development projects.
- Influence the design process of OEM's through education of Bostik technology. Acquire specifications through the selling of end users.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Technical Masters or Bachelor’s Degree required; an MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years experience w/ Masters or 10+ years experience with Bachelors required.
- Experience in Business Development, Sales, Tech Service, or similar roles and preferably 3+ years in R&D.
- Experience in specific market or specific products and applications is preferred.
- Customer oriented. Business savvy.
- Strong project Management skills: ability to lead cross functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and formal presentation communication skills
- Experience driving innovation using Stage Gate methodology.
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office.
- Overnight travel of 35% to 50%.