The Business Development Manager calls on architects, designers and national accounts. The BDM is responsible for direct promotion of Metl-Span insulated panels to Architectural firms, Engineering firms, Design Build firms, and targeted Owners/Developers. The BDM Conducts research and creates targeted activity to align efforts with growth initiatives within Metl-Span. Meets with targeted customer base one on one for specification of MS products. The BDM conducts lunch and learns with targeted customer base. Attends and presents MS products at local, regional and national tradeshows and CSI/AIA events. The BDM Travels within geographic assigned markets to develop basis of design specifications. Provides follow up on all leads generated through marketing efforts, E-lead program or other sources provided by MS. Supports pipeline management activities through use of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and actively communicates bi-weekly with independent representatives within assigned geography. The BDM interfaces with independent representatives and various NCI Brands teams to support conversion of specifications to orders.This position oversees the Oregon and Washington state territories.
As a Business Development Manager, I am accountable to the Regional Sales Manager for:
- Developing lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with Customers of Metl-Span, Independent Sales Reps, and internal Metl-Span departments and associates
- Meeting or exceeding annual targeted Specification and targeted Order goals through specification development and substitution efforts and collaboration with independent representatives for successful order attainment.
- Development of targeted architectural firms, engineering firms, design build firms and owners for specification efforts aligned with the strategic direction of Metl-Span (as directed annually).
- Planning my activities for cost effective travel throughout the assigned territory with sales calls to targets.
- Taking action on customer concerns, investigating situations and recommending solutions
- Demonstrating skills necessary for clear communications, active listening, effective presentations, and collaboration with independent representatives to secure specifications and orders.
- Working with peers and management in a way that leads to a culture of best outcome, for Metl-Span (NCI) rather than a specific department
- Understands the sales and specification processes and thrives on the direct promotion of products to architects, building owners, engineering firms and design build contractors.
- 10+ years of experience in a professional sales role with experience in architecture, engineering or design preferred
- Experience driving opportunities through the sales pipeline from early inception to close
- Knowledge of the construction process, practices, procedures and documents.
- Preferred knowledge of CSI master specification and CSI procedures
- A combination of technical and interpersonal skill sets are necessary to be successful.