The Business Development Manager is responsible for the development and execution of strategic market access initiatives in assigned region or area. This role creates, structures, and implements the plan of activities associated with strategic market access development in targeted countries. This employee will engage with strategic customers, associations, and Key Opinion Leaders to refine and validate market access plans. The individual integrates functional contributions and implementation activities across scientific, clinical, commercial, marketing, Healthcare Economics (HCE), training and product management disciplines. The result will strengthen relationships with Healthcare Systems and Leaders, HCE and Clinical/data models and tools for use with the field team and customers, positive impact on market access and patient access to our devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead assessment, monitoring and strategy development to impact market access in targeted regions
- Engage with National Healthcare Systems, relevant professional and patient associations and Key Opinion Leaders to drive market access
- Drive market access strategy across targeted global business units and from all perspectives to include commercial, scientific, clinical, marketing, HCE, training, and product management disciplines
- Create, refine and communicate project activity plans in order to achieve market access and opportunity for commercial growth
- Cultivate and manage partnerships with external national organizations (societies and payors) to ensure continued visibility and provide opportunities for clinical data innovations and inclusion in clinical guidelines
- Collaborate with appropriate leaders across our Company to ensure that solutions meet needs of all business segments
- Accountability for the development and implementation of project initiatives as well as tracking and managing metrics, including driving access and demonstrating measurable impact
- May perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS –The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
- Master’s degree or equivalent preferred in the healthcare, public policy, economic, finance, nursing, or related scientific field of study
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in medical device, data sciences, clinical research, clinical and/or regulatory affairs
- Proficiency in French is strongly preferred
- Must be able to work directly with healthcare systems, hospitals or physicians on coverage issues.
- Basic knowledge of compliance aspects relative to industry.
- Requires knowledge of Good Clinical and Data Practices.
- Ability to lead or facilitate live training/education, and successfully manage high impact relationships and projects.
- Highly developed time management skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities with a high degree of initiative required.
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving, and influencing skills, appropriately balanced with strong interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Suite
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), and ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as coverage policies, health technology assessments, relevant government-based healthcare system coverage. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Exposure to standard office environment
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to regularly sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- This position requires some travel up to 50% of the time.