WW Public Sector Amazon Web Services (AWS) is currently looking for Business Development Manager to support our customers and prospective customers shape their information technology strategies and IT financial models, and quantify the benefits of running applications in the cloud. To do this, you will work with AWS partners and other groups within AWS to give AWS customers the best insights into how to run their applications on AWS, in the most cost effective manner. You will identify economic barriers to adoption of AWS with these customers and develop repeatable strategies to overcome these barriers. You will communicate the economic value proposition for AWS to a broad audience of IT leaders. You will also be expected to be the focal point within AWS for all TCO, ROI and cost efficiency business development activities. Additionally, this role will require end to end analysis of business deals and working with our customers and sales organization to design new and innovative selling constructs.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of startups and also large enterprises. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the economic benefits of cloud computing to IT architects, engineering teams and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate has a background in deal financial construction, business operations, sales and a background that enables them to model terms that reflect the best interests of the business and the customer. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, with data center economics including data center migration and refresh cycles, with common enterprise virtualization environments, and be capable of creating detailed cost models for these environments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS Marketing and Sales engagements with our customers regarding the economics of their IT infrastructure.
· Develop a standard business case / TCO framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by WWPS Sales, BD and Marketing teams.
· Able to negotiate public sector deals from a business desk perspective (legal, contract, business, and etc.)
· Bring the various stakeholders including but not limited to Sales, Contracts, Finance, Legal, Security and Compliance to close custom deals.
· Assist with complex contract negotiations and manage the approval process, including liaising with involved internal groups such as Legal, Finance, etc.
· Serve as a central resource for the Sales team to help our customers create appropriately detailed financial models for their current and future IT landscape.
· Create a repository of Cloud Economic cases studies and conversations to share learnings with all parts of AWS.
· Serve as a key source of market insights into how our customers view the economic benefit of using AWS relative to deploying applications on-premise or in traditional data centers.
· Work with internal stakeholders to communicate market realities regarding the economics of running IT applications and infrastructures in the cloud when compared to a traditional data center environment.
· In conjunction with Training, help create cloud economics related training programs and material for WWPS sales, AWS partners, and AWS customers themselves so that they can properly address TCO and economic-related issues
· Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks on TCO related issues.
· 7-10 years of business development and IT management or management consulting experience.
· BA/BS degree in Operations, Finance, or Economics.
· Proficiency in Excel Modeling.
· Prior experience working with senior IT executives, IT outsourcing vendors and cloud service providers to analyze implementation options for on-premise, remote virtualized and cloud IT Infrastructures
· Knowledge of scripting SQL and reporting off of production Databases.
· Detailed financial modeling and analysis of large scale IT infrastructure, application and/or service investments, including baselining the total cost of ownership, detailed scenario analysis and functionality tradeoffs.
· Management or Financial Advisory Consulting background highly desired
· Experience building out or migrating IT infrastructure or managing data centers is highly desired.
· MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.
· Must exemplify the Amazon Leadership Principles.
· Knowledge VBA, Redshift, and database design, is a plus.
· The right person will have strong business sense and be technical and analytical.
· Will be capable of understanding the complexities of IT environments.
· Must exhibit ownership and ability to dive deep into details.– This is a hands-on role.
· Experience with data center migration and IT refresh analysis is highly desired.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
· Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including sales, finance, marketing, business development and training.
Job ID: 614326