About the Role
The Business Development Manager (BDM) maintains and expands relationships with strategically important large customers within the Aerospace industry. The BDM will coordinate BSI global engagement with those customers. Assigned to large customers, the individual is responsible for achieving sales targets to grow share of wallet with existing customers and expand into new accounts by representing the entire range of company products and services. Leads the customer account planning cycle and ensures assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by BSI. The BDM expands the client base by pursuing sales leads and prospective clients, building client relationships, delivering presentations and proposals, maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions, and negotiating and closing business deals.
This great opportunity for an ambitious professional to gain visibility within the organization. The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Develop and manage relationships with targeted accounts and their business leaders.
- Maintain existing accounts engaged through partnership with the Operational/Delivery teams at BSI. Providing regular engagement for retention.
- Maintain a sales forecasting capability which will in the short-term make possible efficient scheduling, provide superior customer service, and controlling costs and in the long-term, provide information for business planning, resource planning and budgeting.
- Keep well informed on industry changes, participates where possible in organizations directly involved with our prime markets, and continually works to improve sales techniques and sales knowledge.
- Lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel. Attend customer business reviews and sales presentations with customers and the BSI operational delivery teams.
- Analyze and provide objective, in-depth understanding of customers, competitors and product performance to improve sales performance as well as act as liaison with various internal departments to solve issues as they arise with both customers and account managers.
- Provide thought leadership, business planning and the provision of high level contract and relationship management to the client
We seek someone who meets all of the following criteria:
- BS/BA Business or equivalent job experience
- Experience in sales and/or business development within the Aerospace industry; experience working at a certified body preferred
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- Minimum 2 years solutions sales experience
- Minimum 2 years business development experience
- A Road Warrior - minimum of 70% domestic air and land travel, with the possibility of international travel as required