Cobham Mission Systems in Orchard Park, NY is seeking a Business Development Manager.
- Use Opportunity Identification and Business Capture best practices to identify, qualify and develop revenue opportunities.
- Understand customer needs and shape new business requirements
- Develop and execute win strategies to bring innovative solutions to customers
- Act as a Capture Team Manager or be part of a capture team
- Act as 'voice of the customer' and encourage team behaviors that focus on adding value and delivering customer benefits
- Maintain pipeline health to exceed order intake targets to support revenue generation
- Drive quality and timely responses of customer deliverables.
- Drive the Business Unit through appropriate Business Capture decisions with a pragmatic view of the Business Unit’s ability to deliver a solution in line with overall opportunity objectives.
- Own pursuit through contract negotiation and acceptance to Program hand-off
- Provide input to internal business strategy development, market analysis, long-range growth plans, and product and technology roadmaps
- Recommend potential partnerships, investments and M&A opportunities
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- May be responsible to coordinate work and/or assist in orienting and training employees.
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, motivation, team working)
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Delivery focused mind-set.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in a technical or business related discipline from an ABET accredited program; or a minimum of 15 years of military experience in a related field.
- Experience implementing a business strategy that resulted in achievement of short range (12-18 months) and long range (3-5 years) organic growth plans through pipeline management and strategies
- 5+ years of experience in the successful execution of complex business capture and contracting
- 5+ years of experience of demonstrated excellent customer and industry relationships
- Experience cultivating intelligence regarding customer and end-user operational needs and buying influences.
- Demonstrated strong commercial acumen in relevant business contracting environment.
- 5+ years of experience in presenting high-visibility material to both internal and external senior management.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Master’s degree or international equivalent in a technical or business related discipline from an ABET accredited program
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; must be able to function in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary sales and business development environment.
- 5+ years of experience in the field of Space or Military life support.