Cobham is seeking a Business Development Manager that will drive revenue growth by leading front end pursuits and campaigns for new technology, services and applications for existing customers (Business Development) as well as new customers (Market Development). Must identify opportunities and associated value propositions, working across the business unit and sector to develop solutions. Manage pursuits through to contract award / handover. Develop a strong opportunity pipeline that supports the BU and Sector’s strategic and long range goals. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Utilize Cobham best practices to identify, qualify and develop revenue opportunities
- Understand customer needs and shape new business requirements
- Develop and execute win strategies to bring innovative solutions to customers
- Author proposal executive summaries
- Act as a Capture Team Manager or be part of a capture team
- Act as 'voice of the customer' and encourage team behaviors that focus on adding value and delivering customer benefits
- Maintain pipeline health to exceed order intake targets to support revenue generation
- Drive quality and timely responses of customer deliverables
- Drive the BU through appropriate BW Gate decisions with a pragmatic view of the BU’s ability to deliver a solution in line with overall opportunity objectives
- Own pursuit through contract negotiation and acceptance to Program hand-off
- Develop and maintain order forecasts
- Provide weekly and monthly reports as well as trip reports
- Provide input to internal business strategy development, market analysis, long-range growth plans, and product and technology roadmaps
- Recommend potential partnerships, investments and M&A opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience in a business development role
- Aerospace or Defense Industry experience
- Experience building and maintaining customer and industry relationships
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled byexport laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Engineering or Technical Degree
- Demonstrated cross-functional team management
- MBA or Master’s degree in Engineering, Science, or Marketing
- Experience working with business finance and linking financial outcomes to business strategy
- Demonstrated experience with cross-business unit capture management
- International business capture experience
- Strong knowledge of customer and end-user operational needs and buying influences
- Track record of creating and presenting strategic material to both internal and external senior management
- Demonstrated experience leading negotiations
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.