Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
8 - 10 years
Posted 78 days ago
Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. The business you’ll secure and the partnerships you’ll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants. ABB is seeking a Business Development Manager for the California region location who will be involved such matters as technical specifications and acceptance, commercial agreements, proposal development, technical channel management and resolve related, complex protection, control and automation problems. This position can work remotely from various California locations that are near a major airport.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Grow distribution automation products and services double digits annually.
• Critical to success: This individual must develop strong internal and external relationships with ABB field sales team, ABB channels, end customers and other ABB businesses field resources with special focus on end customer.
• Evaluate customer needs and develop & implement business strategies to achieve customer acceptance and adoption of ABB protection, control & automation portfolio. Determine appropriate technical, marketing & contractual approach consistent the organization’s objectives.
• Develop & execute action plans for targeted customers.
• Organize and lead project teams consisting of various support groups in order to respond effectively to unique business opportunities in the marketplace. Determine commercial viability of products and resources required.
• Negotiate commercial features and arrangement with potential business partners, customers and internal businesses while effective representing ABB. Provide guidance and training to staff, channel, establish standards, manage and document performance and develop associated recommendations.
• Develop 1, 2 and 5 year strategic plans for Regions Utility segment.
• Develop business relationships with customer executives, inform them of ABB’s technological developments and new products, assist them in solving complex problems, achieve cost savings and optimize their operations.
• Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Bachelor Degree and 8 years of experience in a Marketing , Sales, or Application Engineering role within the Power Utilities or Industrial Automation Sector.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Electrical Engineering and 12 of Technical, Application and Marketing experience.
• Must have medium voltage protection and control relay or applications experience with medium voltage power distribution system operation and equipment, with depth in the area of protection control (4 – 5 years of related experience).
• A background in relay, switchgear, transformer, recloser and breaker technologies.
• Familiarity of the approval and procurement process of targeted customer segment is desired.
• Must exercise considerable creativity in developing and implementing approaches tailored to individual customers, based on knowledge of customer requirements. Must be able to analyze market and competitive trends and products and recommend action plans leading to new ABB sales.
• The ideal candidate will be able to explain in a clear and persuasive manner the technical merits of the assigned products in direct contact with customers, consultants and channel members and be able to create customer confidence in ABB products and solutions.
• Advanced degree is preferred.
• Follow and perform duties in accordance with the ABB safety and business ethics policies.
• Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.