General: Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. Together, we can touch the lives of millions by creating sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improving safety for workers in auto plants. Mission Statement: Support the local Business Unit/Product Group by focusing on defining and implementing marketing and sales strategies specifically aimed at developing into markets, segments, or other strategic areas not currently defined. Ensure the definition of the business plan, annual marketing plans, and marketing strategies according to budget.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Strategy support and planning:
• Contributes to local Business Unit/Product Group strategy definition and execution through the analysis and identification of new markets, segments and/or product solutions. Analyzes customer needs for the portfolio, securing customer advantages and benefits as well as white spot analysis and connected strategies to penetrate the market. Develops and implements business strategies for newly defined areas in alignment with the Business Unit/Product Group strategy.
• Provides market intelligence analyses in support of identification and development of new markets, segments or solutions.
• Participates in internal work groups in order to share know-how, processes and market information.
Sales and marketing:
• Identifies, leads or contributes to identification and acquisition opportunities to expand into the newly defined area.
• Collaborates with all related internal contacts to ensure alignment, efficiency and effectiveness in the implementation of the commercial strategy.
• Coordinates product marketing launch development plans and ensures efficient and effective execution together with the Area and Regional Manager.
• Identifies partnership opportunities and participates in the definition of partnerships agreements together with local Business Unit.
• Participates in planning and implementation of customer events and trade shows.
• Ensures budget (volumes) and profitable growth targets are achieved in the respective countries and for all assigned Product Groups. Ensures achievement of targets on orders, net price variance (NPV), Net Promoter Score (NPS), etc.
Bachelor degree in Business or Engineering.
5 plus years of sales/business development experience
Engineering technical experience