Business Development Leader
The Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for anexperienced Business Development Leader based in our Los Angeles, CA office. The Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign is a laboratory for exploration and experimentation inarchitecture. Established upon the reputation and leadership of award-winning designer Mehrdad Yazdani, the studio leverages the best attributes of a small design studio with the resources and reach of our global practice. The studio includes a diverse team of architects, designers, 3-D artists, technical specialists, and creative thinkers entirely committed to pushing the boundaries of design—from refining concepts of sustainability to the application of radically newtechnologies and urban initiatives. The successful candidate will beresponsible for advancing the firm, through business development, marketing, and public relations. Primaryresponsibilities include:
- Work closely with the leadership in both the development and implementation of strategic plans to position the firm with target clients.
- Assist in the identification of client leads based upon value propositions and strategic initiatives.
- Develop a new network within our targeted business areas. Represent the firm at designated professional conferences and industry events.
- Work collaboratively with principals to develop a strategic marketing business plan for the Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign. Meet with the principals on a regular basis to ensure that the marketing plan is being implemented. Monitor business development activities and lead the tracking and reporting metrics.
- Participate in the development of interview presentations, providing the client’s perspective from intelligence gathered during research and market analysis, and at times participate in the interview itself.
- Assist in research and intelligence gathering for potential client opportunities in an effort to better position the firm to secure the commissions.
- Work collaboratively with other business development professionals throughout the firm regarding firm-wide marketing and business development activities.
- Collaborate with marketing team members in the writing, design, and implementation of marketing materials.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture, Marketing, Communications, or a related field. MBA preferred. A minimum of 10 years of work experience in a professional services environment with a proven track record in business development required. Experience working within an A/E firm is strongly desired. Proficiency with InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite are recommended but not required. Familiarity with Deltek CRM and/or Vision and Salesforce preferred. Ability to travel domestically and internationally required. Must be collaborative, self-driven and entrepreneurial with the ability to maintain and prioritize deadlines. Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with an enthusiasm for innovation are a must.
Job ID: YAZBDLIV0817