At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Are you seeking a business development oriented career that allows you to work for one of the world’s fastest-growing companies while also being a force for good? If so, Lyft is looking for a highly motivated and organized Business Development Lead to join us in the San Bernardino area! In this role, you will develop strategy and manage our local driver growth channel through offline supply activities, including: attracting and ushering new drivers through the onboarding process, developing local referral partnerships, building a sales team, implementing local events and venue based recruiting opportunities, supporting Express Drive activations, and more.
The ideal candidate must be entrepreneurial, sales-oriented, and excited by achieving and exceeding stretch goals. A sense of humor and desire to work withother high-performing, motivated, world-changing folks wouldn’t hurt :) If you want to work in a fun, fast-paced, collaborative workplace, and the thought of helping Lyft build this incredible ride-sharing movement in the San Bernardino area sounds exciting, we should talk!
- Outbound prospecting to prospective driver applicants
- Build and manage a candidate pipeline from initial application to successful onboarding
- Aggressively prospect in assigned territory for partnerships that can provide access to driver applicants
- Identify, coordinate, and execute local driverrecruitment events/venues from budget and planning, through staffing and reconciliation
- Identify, negotiate, and coordinate local partnership opportunities
- Implement and support any local competitive recruiting programs
- Liaise with market stakeholders as our local supply expert while iterating best practice tactics and processes to improve efficiency on an ongoing basis
- Work cross-functionally with Community Associates to ensure drivers are ushered through the signup and onboarding process
- Supportdrivers with your knowledge of both the Lyft and Express Drive program
- Find comfort in working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Job includes remote meetings and visits to partner locations
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years sales management or business development experience
- Demonstrated success in meeting monthly targets
- Goal-oriented, with outstanding time management skills
- Knowledge of the for-hire vehicle industry
- High energy with an outgoing, social personality—you’ve never met a stranger
- Impeccable customer service and problem-solving skills
- Excellent, clear verbal and written communication skills
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- Proficient with cloud computing platforms (Google Docs/Sheets, etc.)
- An eye for process improvement and design
- Willing to work an open format schedule as needs dictate
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.