Business Development Executive - Population Health
Telligen is one of the most respected population health management organizations in the United States. We enjoy a friendly work environment where we are dedicated to mutual trust, respect, and continuous innovation. Our commitment to make a positive difference in the lives of people, in the complex world of healthcare, makes us the first choice for our clients.
We are 100% employee-owned, our employee-owners drive our business and solutions all while sharing in our success. Telligen attracts a highly qualified, diverse workforce whom display deep dedication, unwavering integrity and the willingness to support the communities we serve. Tenacity, and the steadfast pursuit of our vision, to be one of the most sought-after teams to transform the health of populations by delivering on our values of Ownership, Community, Ingenuity & Integrity, set us apart in the health marketplace.
This key role of Business Development Executive in direct support of Operational Supports for Healthcare Payers is responsible for the business development strategy and successful implementation for an assigned market segment, leading to profitable growth. You will identify and advance business opportunities in support of organizational goals by making connections with existing and potential clients and partners. You will also lead discussions with partners to establish teams for new opportunities, attend appropriate industry events, conventions, seminars and meetings as well as track announcements and make impactful presentations and demonstrations in a variety of settings.
There is one open opportunity at this time and it may be in any US major metropolitan area, with a preference shown to candidates residing in: West Des Moines, IA, Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN, Oklahoma City, OK, Baltimore, MD, and Denver, CO.
- You will support the organization in executing business development, service expansion opportunities and identify and assess business opportunities in support of Telligen’s strategic growth plans. Support the development of new business development initiatives to include proposal preparation and business plan development.
- You will be the primary point-person for business development and partnership activities to monitor progress and timelines, ensure inclusion of key stakeholders, and maintain high-quality service. Monitor the execution of business development strategy through developing leads, prospects and opportunities.
- You will lead cross-functional Telligen Capture Teams through the business development process including due diligence, valuation assessments, operational planning, and integration. Responsible for coordination of business development meetings and tracking team member action steps in Salesforce to ensure organization goals are met.
- You will be responsible for developing strategic plans to support the successful attainment of organizational, operational, and service goals to include structured analysis and business planning for new program development and new business opportunities. At times you may direct the activities of third-party consultant to compliment goal outcomes.
- You will guide the execution of business development strategy and operational plans to ensure timely implementation and coordinate marketing initiatives with Marketing, Communications and Public Relations to ensure assigned market is aware of Telligen capabilities and solutions. Conduct ongoing market analyses/assessments and recommend changes in market strategy to Telligen leadership.
- You will establish and maintain close working relationships with stakeholders and staff to synchronize the business development plans with operations and ensure smooth transitions and implementation. Lead Request for Proposals (RFP) and new business plan development processes including preparation of response documentation.
To make the short-list you will possess:
- Four-yeardegree in management, business administration, health or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of seven years experience in increasingly responsible positions in Business Development and/or Sales, including creation of business development strategies inclusive of demonstrated marketing and sales accomplishments.
- Exceptional relationship building skills with highly developed verbal, written, and analytical skills required.
- Proven track record leading strategic planning for a market segment, and experience interacting with a diverse mix of teams to drive success.
- Demonstrated industry knowledge and technical understanding of population health management programs, services and products, which would include care management, disease management, care coordination, utilization review, member engagement and provider engagement highly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 60%.