The Business Development Executive (BDE) at Inmar has a hunter’s instinct. Drawing from extensive success in previous selling roles, this seasoned, top-performing pro knows how to target prospects, cultivate relationships, close deals and aggressively drive revenue. The BDE is adept at continuously learning new concepts, services and products, and conveying them in a compelling way to their targets.
Inmar’s client list is a “Who’s Who” of the largest and best-known – as well as the most innovative emerging – brands, retailers and health systems. This position will effectively sell Supply Chain services (Returns Outsourcing, Supply Chain Performance Analytics, Remarketing, Recall consulting/execution and various business intelligence SaaS offerings) to targeted accounts; applies a broad and in-depth knowledge of the company's services, products and marketing techniques to close sales. The incumbent ensures the company's business relationships with targeted accounts are effectively started and then cultivated; makes presentations and recommendations to potential Clients’ management representatives.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Develop and maintain senior-level strategic relationships with economic buyers
- Network within prospect organization to develop pipeline
- Sell Supply Chain solutions in a retail chain or CPG manufacturer and selected vertical markets
- Cultivate prospect interest and successfully introduce new products to the market
- Demonstrate “expert” level understanding of all promotion products and services and confidently demonstrate solutions during sales presentations
- Develop and maintain expertise on industry trends, technology, best practices, and regulations of relevance to the Supply Chain solutions
- Manage internal cross functional relationships and communications for maximum productivity
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Find, develop and maintain senior level strategic relationships with economic buyers
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university
- Generally requires 5 – 7 years of demonstrated successful experience in developing and winning business in a highly competitive environment
- Experience in complex solutions that require cross functional selling
- Sales performance consistently in the top 10% vs. peer group
- Demonstrated results selling multiple solutions across a variety of decision makers
- Determination to actively prospect, cultivate and close significant, strategic new business
- Effective questioning skills that uncover needs and the ability to tailor solution benefits
- Proven ability to work across boundaries and styles
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Persistent follow-up skills that advance deal progress at a rapid pace
- Willingness to travel 50%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- Frequently required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- Occasionally required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Occasionally required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.