Impact you will make in the role:
We are looking for competent Business Development Executives (BDE) to find and develop net new business opportunities in specific vertical markets within the government IT space. In this position, as an “overlay” BDE, you will be expected to qualify prospects according to Accela’s established sales methodologies. As you engage with the prospect you will be expected to identify the problem(s) the prospect seeks to resolve and “map” that to the Accela software functionality and services that can address the identified problem(s). You will be expected to articulate the value of problem resolution by leveraging Accela differentiators. You will work in concert with others from the Accela sales team in these efforts. As you continue to develop the opportunity towards “closing” you will be working with many different departments within Accela to support you in winning the deal. Additionally, you will collaborate with the Accela Professional Services Department, so it is positioned to deploy the Accela solutions according to expectations you have established with the prospect during the sales process. You will be responsible for achieving a sales quota that aligns with Accela’s business objectives and must maintain a long-term sales pipeline of qualified prospects while at the same time closing the business you have developed/matured.
- Selling “packaged” enterprise software and services to government agencies that regulate specific industries.
- Maintaining a sales pipeline that ensures goals and quota are achieved both short and long term.
- Managing the entire sales cycle from finding a prospect to developing that opportunity into a client.
- Accurate internal reporting of opportunity progress, stage, and close probability.
- Working closely with other Accela staff members to ensure company and individual goals are attained.
Expertise you will bring in:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in complex enterprise software and services sales. Sales to government entities a plus.
- Successful sales history of meeting or exceeding assign quota.
- Proven track record of strategic selling at the “C-Suite” level, and ability to quickly gain credibility and build relationships.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills. Strong presentation skills to a broad set of buying influences.
- Experience in team as well as solo selling.
- Experience in RFP preparation and presentation (Executive Summaries in particular), proposal creation and presentation, and contract negotiations
- Good enterprise software technology understanding a plus. Experience in selling software as SaaS and/or “on premise” solutions a plus.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office; CRM software (e.g. Salesforce), and established sales methodologies such as Miller Heiman is a plus.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills, disciplined approach to selling, self-motivated and focused on achievement.
- Proven agility – a good track record of sales success despite market shifts. Ability to learn new product offerings quickly and to articulate differentiating value that resonates with a specific buyer.
- BS or BA in business administration, sales or marketing, other areas that have prepared the candidate for the above requirements.