Moss Adams brings more West to business. More than a location, it's a way of doing business in which innovation thrives and optimism abounds. At Moss Adams, we're excited by the greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper.
With more than 3,200 professionals across 25-plus locations in the West and beyond, we provide the world's most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
The Business Development Executive (BDE) is responsible for increasing sales by generating new sales opportunities and leading prospect pursuits in the Los Angeles market. The BDE builds strong, collaborative internal relationships with partners and senior managers and national and regional industry group leaders, as well as external relationships with prospective clients and referral sources. The BDE applies sales and marketing experience and knowledge of the assigned markets to help office leadership develop high-leverage, strategic sales and marketing programs.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills – Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Increase Moss Adams awareness and generate new sales to target companies
- Achieve specified annual sales goals
- Work with partners and senior managers on pursuing new sales opportunities
- Support assigned industry groups and become an acknowledged industry/sales expert
- Develop list of qualified targets that support regional and industry group's growth goals
- Work with BDEs in other regions to share best practices and drive sales
- Work with local and group marketing resources to develop and leverage marketing campaigns, increase marketing ROI and improve client's onboarding experience
- Assist in preparing sales materials, proposals and prospect communications
- Maintain records of sales activities and results in CRM system; document wins and provide appropriate assistance with the commission approval process
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; major in business and/or graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated success in sales required
- Demonstrated success in selling professional services to businesses and excellent knowledge of the geographical market
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated leadership skills, good judgment, and ability to effectively interface with employees and leaders at all levels within the firm
- Understands the business issues associated with accounting and/or professional services, strong ability to uncover needs and develop solutions to client issues
- Ability to build and refine proposals to elicit true value of firm and principles
- Ability to establish and cultivate long-term effective relationships with internal and external relationships
- Ability to work independently to develop leads and work in teams to sell our services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint) and CRM software
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 25%
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.