The Business Development Executive facilitates dialogues and discussions with Deans and Provosts, Presidents, central administration, faculty and staff in all schools to maximize a mutually beneficial partnership in which both organizations realize their objectives. This position will establish new program partnerships, and work very closely with the Managing Director of each institution.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Develop and drive key objectives and alignment between potential partners and Keypath Education.
- Negotiate business terms to establish mutually beneficial partner agreements.
- Work withinternal partners to help support Keypath Education’s brand messaging through events (conferences, sponsorships), any other joint marketing activities.
- Manage partner relationship throughout the lifecycle of identification/discovery, enablement, support, go-to-market, and reference.
- Communicate and make formal presentations to college and corporate administrators.
- Call on new clients to conduct a needs analysis, and explain features of services, costs, and advantages.
- Work withother staff that support the sales process; organize, and lead the development of proposal strategies that focus on Keypath Education’s financial positioning, product offerings, and value in the higher education marketplace
- Using a Solution Selling sales approach, work with prospective and existing clients to determine needs and develop the appropriate sales strategy to secure new programs
- Keep Sales CRM data current; and provide summary of strategy calls and onsite visits, identify deliverables and establish timeframes for contract execution.
- Manage the Proposal process by coordinating with appropriate areas of the organization to ensure timeliness and quality of Master Agreement and Term Sheet consistent with Keypath Education’s Business Development Strategic Objectives and Profitability Analysis.
- Close 2 to 4 or more degree programs at target institutions annually.
- Work closely with the EVP and all Managing Director’s to build the marketing plan, including how to target and close specific programs in specific schools.
- Build marketing plan, outreach, etc., to support above strategy.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 7 years experience with successful and demonstrable track record in business development, not all of which must be in higher education.
- Develop solicitation strategies; write effective proposals; and communicate effectively and establish cooperative working relationships.
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience developing and structuring agreements to support Keypath Education and partner objectives.
- Results-oriented professional with strong work ethic. Demonstrated success working independently, working on many activities concurrently.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, master’s degree and doctorate preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written communication and strong/succinct oral communication skills essential.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.