Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Strategic Sales Business Development Executive in Global Technology Services, you will lead the identification, development and qualification of large innovative IBM Services and IT transformation opportunities. You will oversee a portfolio of solutions including Infrastructure Managed Services (Server, Storage, Data Centre), Service Desk, End User Services, Security, Cloud and other IBM Services.
You will demonstrate creativity in designing, articulating, and selling innovative business visions and value propositions. You will show exceptional business insight and executive level presence across all lines of a customer's business, organization, culture, pain points, and compelling reasons to act. Equally you will understand and position the full capabilities of the IBM Corporation, so that customer executives clearly grasp the short and long-term business and financial value of a relationship with IBM.
You will be highly depended on to qualify leads or make valued judgments in that it will impact the direct the judicious spending of resources and ROI. You take ownership of the opportunity until it is transferred to an engagement leader and may stay connected until closure depending on the size, complexity and relationships developed. You will orchestrate IBM resources and develop high-performing teams that bring the right expertise to the customer at the right time. Your success is measured by the number of deals you qualify and ultimately by the total cumulative value of closed deals.
Major responsibilities include:
- Unsolicited executive calling and developing highly respected relationships among senior management and executives in client organizations;
- Proactively screening the market and identifying potential large services/solution opportunities;
- Developing executive level, visionary business value propositions encompassing all lines of business;
- Managing the relationships with other IBM lines of business units/service providers to best position, identify and develop opportunities;
- Developing initial financial analysis of solutions to demonstrate compelling financial rationales;
- Identifying the clients' critical success factors and potential IBM engagement risks;
- Keeping abreast of competitive offerings, strategies, plans and effectively differentiating IBM offerings from competitive alternatives to create customer preference for IBM;
- Assembling the initial sales engagement teams to move identified and validated opportunities forward;
- As a IBM Services Business Development Executive in Global Technology Services, you will lead the identification, development and qualification of large innovative services and IT transformation opportunities;
- You will oversee a portfolio of IBM Services solutions including Infrastructure Managed Services (Server, Storage, Data Centre), Service Desk, End User Services, Security, Cloud and other IBM Services.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Minimum 8 years in identifying and successfully winning highly complex full-solution IT engagements with clients;
- You will have a track record in successful business development across key areas of IT outsourcing and transformation including - infrastructure, application management, integration services, consulting services, etc;
- Contribute to many decisions ("go" or "no go") on whether to invest company resources to further qualify, assess risk and feasibility of potential opportunities;
- Devised and articulate many unique and compelling value propositions (which typically include a diverse array of customized components), so that client decision-makers grasp the short and long-term business and financial value of a relationship with service providers.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
A unique sense on how to drill down inside a client's business, organization, culture, pain points, and determining their compelling reasons to act.