Business Development Executive - Healthcare Enterprise Software Sales
At Netsmart, our goal is to change the face of healthcare today by making whole-person care a reality through technology, services and advocacy. This is only made possible by assembling a team of the brightest talent in the industry. Our team profile is built around professionals with a drive to succeed, a creative energy to drive change, and a passion to provide the best possible products and services to our clients, and the patience they serve. Our Mantra says it all...Vision Driven, Cause Connected, and Passionate about our Opportunity and Obligation.
Our commitment to innovation and serving our growing client base is driving the fast paced growth of our company. We have tripled in size over the last 5 years alone through organic growth and multiple acquisitions. With focus on continuing this aggressive growth, we are looking for a Client Development Executive (CDE) to enhance our sales organization.
The Client Development Executive:
As a Netsmart CDE, you will be our key entry point into our client companies, the face of the organization. As the owner of this effort in your territory you will:
- Lead through the initial evaluation of a prospective client and determine next steps
- Qualify leads from our executive calling program and generate new business through creative direct prospecting techniques
- Build a strong rapport and relationships with potential new clients, developing an understanding of their business needs and suggesting aligned solutions
- Manage and expand existing pipeline through regular, direct contact with all prospects
- Work closely with technical and marketing support staff to qualify and complete RFPs
- Lead through the solution planning and development process, to ensure needs alignment
Requirements for Success:
Here are some key requirements for the role:
- Minimum of a 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years outside salesexperience within the technology software related solutions sector, or selling services within the healthcare marketplace at an enterprise level.
- Healthcare industry experience is a key success factor for this role
- EMR/EHR background is preferred, but not required
- Must have a proven track record of success, with experience in complex, consultative selling, growing territories, breaking sales quotas, and setting the bar for others to reach
- Strong presentation skills are key to success in this role, and will be evaluated as part of the interview process. Must be comfortable presenting to committees and small to midsize groups.
- Experience utilizing a CRM tool to proactively lead a deal through the sales stages while ensuring accurate forecasting, regular activity tracking and reporting is completed. Salesforceexperience is preferred.
- Excellent questioning skills and the ability to uncover compelling events that our prospects may not realize yet.
- Must have a natural curiosity or discipline to stay on top of the industry and product knowledge to be competitive in this field
- Excellent contract and proposal development skills
- Must be a self-starter and eager to learn, as ongoing acquisition of industry knowledge is expected
- Travel as needed (60% of the time)