As a Netsmart CDE, Public Sector, you will be our key entry point into new Public Sector organizations, the face of our company. As the owner of this effort in your territory you will:
- Lead through the initial evaluation of a prospective client at the state level and determine strategic next steps for securing future business
- Qualify leads from our executive calling program and generate new business through creative direct prospecting techniques
- Build a strong rapport and relationships with potential new clients, developing an understanding of their business needs and aligning Netsmart solutions to those needs
- Manage and expand existing pipeline through regular, direct contact with all prospects
- Work closely with technical, consulting and marketing support staff to qualify and complete RFPs
Requirements for Success:
Key requirements for the role:
- Minimum of a 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 7 years outside sales experience with a technology software and consulting solutions company, or selling technology related services within the healthcare marketplace at an enterprise level.
- A minimum of 3 years Public Sector experience – preferably human services or health experience
- EMR/EHR solutions background is preferred, but not required
- Must have a proven track record of success, with experience in complex, consultative selling, multi-million dollar contracts, meeting sales quotas, and setting the bar for others
- Strong presentation and organizational skills are key to success in this role, and will be evaluated as part of the interview process. Must be comfortable presenting to individuals, committees and domain expert groups.
- Experience utilizing a CRM tool to proactively lead a deal through the sales stages and ensuring accurate forecasting, regular activity tracking and reporting is completed.
- Excellent questioning skills and the ability to link compelling events to our solutions that our prospects may not realize yet
- Must have a natural curiosity or discipline to stay on top of the industry and product knowledge to be competitive in this field
- Excellent proposal writing skills
- Experience with Public Sector procurement processes including contracting
- Must be a self-starter and eager to learn, as ongoing acquisition of industry knowledge is expected
- Travel as needed (expected 60% of the time)