Business Development Executive - Enterprise Software Sales - Public Sector
Netsmart is healthcare’s largest human services and integrated care technology provider. We provide innovative healthcare technology, including electronic health records (EHRs), health information exchange, data analytics, and mobile clinical and consumer engagement solutions, for the behavioral health, social services and post-acute communities. We serve more than 560,000 users in more than 25,000 organizations across all 50 states.
At Netsmart, our goal is to change the face of healthcare today by making whole-person care a reality through technology, services and advocacy. This is only made possible by assembling a team of the brightest talent in the industry. Our team profile is built around professionals with a drive to succeed, a creative energy to drive change, and a passion to provide the best possible products and services to our clients, and the patience they serve. Our Mantra says it all...Vision Driven, Cause Connected, and Passionate about our Opportunity and Obligation.
Our commitment to innovation and serving our growing client base is driving the fast paced growth of our company. We have tripled in size over the last 5 years alone through organic growth and multiple acquisitions. With focus on continuing this aggressive growth, we are looking for a Client Development Executive (CDE) to enhance our sales organization.
The Client Development Executive (CDE), Public Sector:
As a Netsmart CDE, Public Sector, you will be our key entry point into new Public Sector organizations, the face of our company. As the owner of this effort in your territory you will:
- Lead through the initial evaluation of a prospective client at the state and large county level and determine strategic next steps for securing future business
- Qualify leads from our executive calling program and generate new business through creative direct prospecting techniques
- Build a strong rapport and relationships with potential new clients, developing an understanding of their business needs and aligning Netsmart solutions to those needs
- Manage and expand existing pipeline through regular, direct contact with all prospects
- Work closelywith technical, consulting and marketingsupport staff to qualify and complete RFPs
Requirements for Success:
Key requirements for the role:
- Minimum of a 4year college degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 7years outside salesexperiencewith a technology software and consulting solutions company, or sellingtechnology related services within the healthcare marketplace at an enterprise level.
- A minimum of 3years Public Sector experience – preferably human services or health experience
- EMR/EHR solutions background is preferred, but not required
- Must have a proven track record of success, withexperience in complex, consultative selling, multi-million dollar contracts, meeting sales quotas, and setting the bar for others
- Strong presentation and organizational skills are key to success in this role, and will be evaluated as part of the interview process. Must be comfortable presenting to individuals, committees and domain expert groups.
- Experience utilizing a CRM tool to proactively lead a deal through the sales stages and ensuring accurate forecasting, regular activity tracking and reporting is completed.
- Excellent questioning skills and the ability to link compelling events to our solutions that our prospects may not realize yet
- Must have a natural curiosity or discipline to stay on top of the industry and product knowledge to be competitive in this field
- Excellent proposal writing skills
- Experiencewith Public Sector procurement processes including contracting
- Must be a self-starter and eager to learn, as ongoing acquisition of industry knowledge is expected
- Travel as needed (expected 60% of the time)