About the Role:
The Business Development Executive will drive success in the Card Services market expansion efforts to include new sales as well as the retention and expansion of existing relationships. In conjunction with the Sales and Relationship Management organizations, this position will identify and secure requiredpartnerships for Card Services resources to execute the market expansion sales strategy using tailored messaging, a highly consultative sales process and sales delivery tools (RFP, proposals, presentations, demos). This position will interface directly with market expansion partners to identify and secure relationships with those that are optimal for Card Services success.
About our Business:
Reports To: VP Product Strategy
Direct Reports: 0
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Support Card Services market expansion efforts through identification of new partnerships and/or channels for distribution as well as expanding existing partnerships.
- Develop and/or establish relationships with national associations in support of market expansion efforts.
- Secure new relationships with partners and maintain ongoing relationships to optimize them over time. Responsible for leading contract negotiations, financial terms, key operational objectives, and relationship structure.
- Provide direct assistance and coordination with new partners in the areas of training, sales, and other related activities to ensure partner success.
- Coordinate input from subject matter experts and others related to RFP responses or proposals, customizing presentation content and overall strategic approach.
- Engage in presentations, product demonstrations, and related sales activities in the pursuit process.
- Provide directional feedback to the business regarding Product and Service delivery requirements for the market.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- 8-10 years’ experience in the debit payments processing industry including sales, account management or in a related function.
- Previous outside salesexperience in a consultative, solution selling environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build long term distributor, reseller and/or channel relationships.
- Excellent demonstrated knowledge of debit card payment services and related products as well as the overall debit card industry, including competition and financial institutions.
- Knowledge of the broader electronic payments industry and solutions strongly desired.
- Highly collaborative work style with the ability to positively negotiate and influence others.
- Excellent professional written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills and live the Fiserv values.
- Able to effectively prioritize issues plus work independently with minimal supervision / direction with a strong sense of accountability.
- Able to effectively interact with all levels of clients and Fiserv staff.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office Suite)
- Highly motivated and self-assured, hands-on problem solver with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Master Degree in Business or Finance
- Ability to work extended hours and travel 50%.
180-Day Accomplishments (Required for Executive level roles, remove for other roles)
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic objectives in the market expansion effort.
- Demonstrated pipeline of partners and/or resellers with objective to secure one new partner by EOY 2017.
- Form solid working relationships with key team members in sales, account management, product management and related areas critical to your success.
Job ID R-10082891