Business Development Executive, Digital CPG (East Coast)
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Anyone who has redeemed a coupon, filled a prescription, or returned a product has touched Inmar. We apply technology and data science to improve outcomes for consumers and those who serve them. As a trusted intermediary for over 35 years, we have unmatched access to billions of consumer and business transactions in real time. Our analytics, platforms and services enable engagement with shoppers and patients, and optimize results.
The Business Development Executive (BDE) at Inmar has a hunter’s instinct. Drawing from extensive success in previous selling roles, this seasoned, top-performing pro knows how to target prospects, cultivate relationships, close deals and aggressively drive revenue. The BDM is adept at continuously learning new concepts, services and products, and conveying them in a compelling way to their targets.
The Business Development Executive sells Digital Promotion solutions for manufacturers to existing and potential clients; fields in-coming sales calls; maintains sales database and generates analysis reports; maintains sales resource library; and performs product presentations. Manage a fast self-paced work day while completing revenue generating tasks as well as prioritizing daily responsibilities. Must meet deadlines and assigned quotas that are set by the manager. The incumbent ensures the company's business relationships with targeted accounts are effectively cultivated; makes presentations and recommendations to potential Clients’ management representatives; negotiates pricing and legal agreements; and prepares detailed correspondence.
Inmar's headquarters is located in Winston-Salem, NC. This position may be remote.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Performs outbound cold calls to generate leads/opportunities.
- Receives/responds to/re-directs sales call-ins.
- Maintains sales database and generates special reporting.
- Performs product/solutions presentations.
- Develop senior level strategic relationships.
- Leverage Inmar’s market position to drive strategic solutions in a complex sales environment.
- Sell software/consultative solutions in a big box retail environment or CPG manufacturer environment.
- Create/develop innovative networking skills to drive pipeline development at the decision making level.
- Create and deliver value based solution pricing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Digital/Media and CPG Manufacturers
- 5+ years of demonstrated successful experience in solutions sales /consultative sales role
- Broad experience in team sales and/or team solution development
- Experience in team sales and/or team solution development
- Experience selling business process outsourcing deals involving executive level decision making across Operations, Finance / Accounting, Logistics, IT, etc.
- Successful experience chasing, cultivating and closing relationship based deals
- Experience in selling a non-commoditized, non-required products from a leading market position
- Successful in understanding strategy, positioning and building relationships
- Experience in developing and subsequently winning solutions which are highly competitive
- Team player who has strengths to cultivate internal relationships as well as external.
- Understanding of a balance sheet, income statement and inventory “ins” and “outs’ as they impact a financial statement
- Ability to travel 60%
- Ability to work very autonomously and manage presentations and strategy associated with sales as well as internal communications garnering support and getting appropriate buy-in with little to no assistance from their Sales Leader.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- Regularly required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- Occasionally required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.