Business Development Executive
Engineering Business Development Executive with ourEngineeringTeam
At Benchmark (NYSE: BHE), our mission is to be the solutions provider of choice for high technology OEM customers, anticipating their needs and rapidly delivering comprehensive value-creation solutions during the entire product life cycle by providing:
- Innovative Design Engineering Services
- Optimized Global Supply Chain & Logistics Solutions
- World-Class Manufacturing and After-Market Support
Our mission is based on a foundation of financial strength, managerial integrity and a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement. As a top 10 global leader in the electronics manufacturing industry, we attribute our success to the success of our customers.
For more information, please visit www.bench.com
Benchmark is looking for a seasoned Engineering Business Development Executives in Salt Lake City, UT. area who will be focused on supporting EngineeringSales in all of the business sectors: Medical, Defense, Industrial Equipment and Telecommunications & Computing. Reporting directly to the Engineering Sector Vice President, an Engineering Business Development Executive is responsible for developing new business opportunities. The ideal candidate must be very comfortable with a hands-on role and able to communicate effectively with VP and Director level engineering management at the target accounts. Benchmark brings strong leadership capability into a competitive marketplace and is looking for a passionate yet humble, thick-skinned, creative, well-balanced leader who will thrive in this fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The dynamic nature of Benchmark’s business demands this person have the flexibility to both drive and adapt to change.
Benchmark Electronics is uniquely positioned to drive and achieve dramatic growth in the markets they serve. Upon arriving at Benchmark, Engineering Business Development Executives will be expected to draw on personal experience to quickly assess ongoing activities, as well as plan and implement a customer centric profit driven executable growth strategy.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Implement a Lead with Engineering strategy
- Identify target customers who outsource and have Design Engineering needs
- Position Benchmark to bid on significant Design Engineering opportunities that lead to Manufacturing
- Turn customer pain points into Benchmark Design Engineering opportunities
- Understand the customer’s business model
- Understand financial statements and business strategies
- Recognize sector macro trends
- Develop trusted relationships quickly
- Communicate with VP and Director level engineering management at both small and large companies
- Command an audience with credibility
- Secure the right champion within the customer’s organization
- Know who the competition is for every opportunity
- Self-manage time and win rate
- Actively lead the proposal and response strategy
- Negotiate on behalf of Benchmark
Qualifications / Education / Experience
Engineering Business Development Executives will work cross-functionally with Benchmark DesignEngineering leadership to ideate, support, implement and guide overallEngineering department evolution and growth.
The following characteristics and experience will describe the successful candidate:
- Currently in an Engineering Business Development role with experience in one of the following industry segments: Medical, Defense, or Industrial Equipment. Though not required, any experience working in the EMS industry selling design & manufacturing services is highly advantageous.
- Experience working with or in Design Engineering teams. The candidate should be well connected into OEM customer bases in North America, and must have existing relationships with relevant OEMs.
- Candidates must be capable of selling comprehensive design services into new accounts and the ability to personally develop, qualify, and close large, politically complex business solution opportunities at large clients. This individual must have demonstrated a consistent and proven ability to function exceptionally in all phases of sales and delivery (e.g., opportunity identification and qualification, engagement scoping and management, client relationship management, closing).
- Experienced working as part of a collaborative Business Development teams, this individual is able to interface and garner support from the Design Engineering team and collaborate across the organization and the overall company.
- Possess the ability to think and plan strategically, this individual also has the ability to execute tactically, concurrently manage multiple customers and complex priorities within demanding timeframes, and ensure accountability for results that maximize contribution to business objectives.
- Experienced defining, setting and leading the execution of a business development plan to achieve quarterly and annual employer financial objectives.
- Possess excellent organizational, time management, team building, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be knowledgeable about relevant market dynamics, customer base, and competitive environment.
At least eight years of progressive program sales experience, with three years in leadership role, mentoring others in program sales tasks and concepts.
Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Business Development, or Management.