Job Description Summary
The Business Development Executive for Medication Management Systems (MMS) isresponsible for driving sales and services in acute care hospitals using Competitive Dispensing or Infusion products. Builds and maintains relationships with key decision makers. Expands the MMS footprint in existing accounts by selling the MMS “better together” messaging at the highest levels within the organization. Buying process is a complex and cross-functional sale with executive sponsorship and board of director approval. Sales cycle is typically 6 - 24monthsand call point reaches senior level decision makers.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Must be comfortable and well versed selling challenger messaging to Senior Executives and capable of creating a solid “Why Do Something”, “Why Now” and “Why Only BD”
- Expert at following the MMS sales Process
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of MMS Products and solutions. Challenger Messaging, Industry insights for Infusion and/or Dispensing products, key competitors, terminology, technology, trends, challenges, reimbursement and government regulation;
- Demonstrates advance knowledge of how MMS offerings match with customers' unique business needs.
- Serves as a leader in maintaining balance in all areas of the sales cycle including account discovery, pipeline development, and executing new business; ensuring consistent and sustainable results and works collaboratively with all team members include the Strategic Customer Vice President (SCVP) Team.
- Creates and executes a significant pipeline
- Consistently utilizes all resources available within own business unit and involves other BD business units in consistently executing the sales process
What is expected of you and others at this level in Direct Sales for success
- Applies knowledge of the customer's business to develop optimal solutions
- Proactively and with a regular cadence demonstrates to the customer the defined value of partnering with BD
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with the customer and colleagues to influence support for mutually beneficial outcomes and achieve consensus
- Builds and sustains relationships founded on trust with internal and external customers and ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Identifies and qualifies new sales opportunities and develops plans for introducing new solutions through collaborative relationships
Accountabilities in this role
- Primary call point for acute care competitive hospitals who are considering purchasing, Pyxis Dispensing or Alaris IV medication delivery devices and related monitoring equipment.
- The portfolio includes our state-of-the art Pyxis Dispensing and Alaris System including all related products.
- Works autonomously while maintaining strong relationships with members of the sales team including Regional Sales Directors and Account Executives, professional services, and support teams.
- Bachelor's degreerequired
- Minimum 10 years healthcare sales experience, Internal candidates preferred
- Capital experience
- Proven success in a direct sales capacity is a must
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Proven product knowledge in business area
- Valid driver's license
Job ID R-326245