As a Business Development Executive, you will be responsible for originating sales and driving short- and long-term revenue and profit growth through prospecting, acquisition, development and expansion customer opportunities. You will develop long-lasting customer relationships and gather referrals with both new and current accounts.
In this role, you will focus on a portfolio of named customers and will increase the profitability of that portfolio through innovative deal-shaping and leveraging Avanade’s unique value proposition. You will utilize the appropriate processes based on the situation and customer need, determine priorities, and establish a systematic course of action to ensure successful completion of sales.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Lead and manage customer engagement opportunities including lead generation, deal reviews, negotiations and closing deals
- Develop strong customer relationships and drive acquisition of new customers, contributing to company revenue goals
- Leverage strategic partners including the Microsoft Ecosystem and Accenture for proposal creation and delivery
- Develop and execute account plans, including sales performance, forecasting, revenue generation and customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain an opportunity pipeline through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System including support for Area Opportunity Pipeline Management Meetings, Forecasting, Opportunity Management and Business and Technical Proposal reviews
- Support local marketing programs for brand development, market awareness, market positioning and market demand generation involving media, analysts and active participation in the IT community
- Travel as needed
You’re totally focused on the customer and have the strong people and presentation skills to build customer relationships and close large deals. You can navigate skillfully through negotiations and act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customers’ business needs. You’re also the consummate account planner and understand sales pipeline management and sales and revenue quotas.
Your experience and skillset likely includes:
- Selling IT projects and solution selling, including large-scale, multi-year managed services solutions
- Leveraging a network of inside and outside contacts to increase influence
- Selling global on/offshore solutions and working with global delivery centers
- Solid understanding of Avanade solutions, Microsoft products and technology services, Accenture industry solutions and competitive offerings
- Working with customer teams to identify services opportunities, and working through the Avanade sales process from lead generation to deal closings for services deals
- 6-10 years of services sales or consulting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sales or Marketing required. MBA or equivalent degree strongly preferred