With a primary focus of building and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers, the Business Development Executive is responsible for generating revenue, profit, and advancing market share with customers by building meaningful business relationships and positioning and selling new and different products, programs, services, and solutions that align with the customer’s and Ingram Micro’s key objectives.
As the account strategist and steward of the account relationship, the Business Development Executive develops business strategies and opportunities with customers to expand existing relationships while also developing new accounts and relationship.
Maintaining sound knowledge of diverse industry trends and technologies, the Business Development Executive is responsible for leveraging their expertise, along with the experience of other Ingram Micro experts, to build, position, and sell new and advanced solutions, programs, and services to key accounts.
Essential Duties Include:
- Managing and overseeing the sales process for assigned accounts to ensure smooth, timely, and accurate execution of deals.
- Communicates with Ingram Micro staff to ensure that internal support and sales team members understand, and are able to properly support sales opportunities.
- Maintains consistent communication with all regarding key initiatives pertaining to account to further grow profitable business.
- Provides specialized consultation, education/training, and sales resources to enable vendor and reseller success, and acts as an extension of the vendor organization to drive programs and vendor initiatives to channel partners.
- Creates and communicates tactical and strategic initiatives and forecasts aligned with the direction of the organization and divisional objectives.
- Travel minimum of 50% (which may include international travel). Requirements: High school diploma (or equivalent) and minimum of seven years previous strategic, outside sales, account management experience in related industry or nine years’ experience with Ingram Micro in a sales/customer service capacity as a (Sr.) Business Development Representative or equivalent. OR a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of four years previous strategic, outside sales, account management experience in related industry or six yearexperience with Ingram Micro in a sales or customer service capacity as a (Sr.) Business Development Representative or equivalent.
- Skills: Strong understanding of strategic selling principles, order management, project management, and operations. Proven success in growing and maintaining year-over-year sales results. Advanced knowledge of Ingram Micro products, services and value proposition. Skilled in negotiations, closing sales, coaching and developing Associates in high performance culture, and order management. Effectively able to manage Profit and Loss concepts and forecasting. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to present in both technical and non-technical terms to large and small audiences. Ability to demonstrate business and financial acumen, use influence effectively to drive ideas and initiatives with internal and external partners, multi-task, respond to rapid change, manage projects, manage detail, manage relationships and resources, and set realistic and achievable goals/objectives and timelines.
Job ID: 17219