Business Development Events Specialist
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The Business Development Events Specialist is responsible for collaborating with lawyers and the firm’s Business Development team on leveraging firm-hosted and sponsored events for business development (BD) and client relations’ opportunities. This role is responsible for managing logistics for client-facing events including seminars, conferences, webinars, and client entertainment, while actively contributing to and supporting strategic business development goals for each event. This position will also manage special projects / internal events as assigned.
- Leads and initiates strategy meetings with attorneys and Director of BD and/or Business Development Manager (BD Manager) to discuss and develop a business development and marketing plan for each event;
- Manages invitation campaigns and mailings, including development of invitation content, communication timelines, correspondence (to internal and external audiences), RSVP and various pre and post event metric reporting to attorneys and BD team;
- Collaborates with BD team members to generate strategic mailing lists for each event; and when necessary, lead communication with the appropriate attorneys to develop mailing lists;
- Works with Director of BD and BD Manager to actualize business development strategies through events;
- Coordinates venue reservations and logistics, including the negotiation of contracts and agreements with organizations and vendors, certificates of insurance when required, catering, technical audio/visual set-ups;
- Develops and manages relevant event budgets, including the submission of invoices and expenses associated with events and sponsorships;
- Coordinates the fulfillment of all sponsorship benefits including logo and advertisement placement, signage, etc.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- BA or BS degree in business, marketing or related field preferred, with at least five years of professional experience. Experience with a law firm or other professional service provider a plus;
- Ability to thrive under pressure, juggle multiple tasks and events at one time, and be able to professionally respond to last minute changes;
- Candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level of organizational and prioritization skills;
- Comfortable leading written and verbal communication at all levels of leadership, attorneys and staff, as well as with constituencies outside of the firm (i.e. vendors, industry organizations, clients);
- Demonstrate an interest in the business of law, the firm’s services, business development strategies, clients and prospective clients;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Competitive salary dependent on education and relevance of prior work experience
- Excellent benefits package:
- Significant employer contribution toward health insurance
- Participation in 401(k) plan upon completion of eligibility requirements.