The ideal candidate will have an understanding of cloud computing; possess a background in partner and business development; and have proven results with introducing a product into new markets. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to dive deep and tactically drive business development programs. Candidates are expected to have the ability to write and convey compelling customer value propositions and business case/financial proposals. Through your work across AWS, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth, customer and partner onboarding, and overall adoption AWS GovCloud (US) in the DOD market.
As an AWS GovCloud (US) Business Development Manager, you will:
· Research, Identify and develop strategies to expand business in untapped markets and customer domains for the AWS GovCloud (US) region.
· Identify specific customer segments, industry verticals and partner markets to approach with targeted value propositions and business case proposals leveraging the AWS GovCloud (US) region.
· Identify key industry segments and work with the AWS sales and partner development teams to introduce the AWS GovCloud (US) region to customers and partners in the DOD and US defense market.
· Define, develop and manage GovCloud-focused AWS programs and initiatives tailored to the DOD market.
· Research and develop business cases to support detailed product feature requests in the AWS GovCloud (US) region.
· Collect, create, and manage the creation of sales collateral to facilitate the business development process.
· Work collaboratively to develop and execute the sales/business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. AWS GovCloud (US) PMO, sales, legal, support, etc.).
· Work across AWS marketing and other business development teams to develop new campaigns, programs, and go-to-market initiatives for the AWS GovCloud (US) region.
· Monitor customer onboarding and adoption; develop approaches to increase adoption, revenue growth rates and workload retention rates of the AWS GovCloud (US) Region.
· Qualified candidates will possess 8+ years of a combination of business development, sales, and/or product management experience, specifically for solutions focused on DOD and the defense/national security markets.
· Experience with FedRAMP, DOD SRG, ITAR, DFARS and other compliance/security regimes related to the DOD/defense market.
· Bachelor’s degree is required; concentrations in either business or computer science preferred.
· Solid understanding of cloud computing and the public sector
· MBA preferred.
· Strong technical competency in the areas of cloud computing, web services and enterprise software.
· Strong presentation, verbal communication, written skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
· Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail along with the ability to multi-task and prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
· Strong analytical orientation; comfort using databases and analytical tools and making data-based decisions, particularly customer relationship management tools.
· Ownership oriented; ability to internalize goals and create appropriate action plans.
· Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly.
· Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization.
· Meticulous attention to detail
· The ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar.
· Self-motived and a strong bias for action; willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals.
Job ID: 622500