syncreon is a global provider of customized supply chain solutions in the automotive and technology industries. The company provides supply chain solutions designed and customized to achieve maximum flexibility and agility for our customer base. Through value-based, client-specific solutions, syncreon manages the inbound and outbound flow of materials and products for producers and OEMs across a number of industrial sectors.
syncreon is a global business headquartered in Auburn Hills, MI. The company has operations in more than 25 countries, employing approximately 12,000 employees in over 90 operations.
The company has experienced significant growth through both organic and acquisitions. The organization is a trusted advisor to many Fortune 500 organizations and is focused on enhancing and expanding existing and new relationship in target markets.
Be a key leader in our aggressive corporate growth initiative. Join our expanding sales team to help drive our organization to double digit year over year growth, and become a global leader in the Specialized Contract Logistics industry within our Technology and Automotive verticals.
We are hiring a Business Development Director. He or she will be responsible for growing the syncreon contract logistics business by winning new business and customers within their assigned customer group. This position requires the ability to work closely with the various functions (Engineering, Operations, IT, Finance, etc.) across the organization and across the regions.
The Business Development Director, is a senior individual contributor sales role focused on driving new business. The primary responsibility is to develop and expand syncreon's service offering within the automotive and technology industry by selling contract logistics and value added services.
This position is given a high degree of autonomy to manage the solution sales process and is supported extensively by the organization.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develops and executes a comprehensive territory plan aimed at identifying the top regional/industry opportunities and expanding business to new Technology accounts.
- Generates effective leads and opportunities from the territory plan.
- Identifies and develops relationships with key decision makers at all levels within an account.
- Understands the customer's business (strategically, operationally, financially).
- Understands the customer's buying process and identify all influences, intimately understanding their requirements.
- Works across syncreon to create custom solutions that deliver value to our customers.
- Qualifies and quantifies potential growth opportunities.
- Leverages company resources (solution experts, industry experts, operations, executive support) to assist in developing accounts.
- Maintains an open dialogue with the account executive sponsor and keeps the sponsor engaged in the account.
- Maintains an up-to-date pipeline of current and future opportunities, quantifying number of opportunities, value of the opportunity and managing the probability to win.
- Own the commercial relationship and contract negotiations with customer for all new business wins.
- Follows the syncreon solution selling process.
- Partners with colleagues in other regions on broader opportunities for select customers.
- Must possess a Bachelors degree in preferably in Business or Supply Chain, Masters degree prefered.
- Must have at least 10 years Automotive or Technology industry experience in supply chain or logistics and have a track record of 5 years in winning new clients within global Technology/Automotive segment.
- Exposure to and working knowledge of all facets of Automotive advanced manufacturing and supply chain models i.e. Lean manufacturing, Flexible manufacturing lines, In Line Vehicle Sequencing(ILVS), CKD, Returnable Packaging, JIT/VMI, Containment Action Plans.
- Exposure to and working knowledge of all facets of Automotive global supply chains, end to end solutions, Control Tower concepts, Parts & Service/Dealer Network, Returnable Container management.
- Proven track record of having consistently achieved on a sales quota at a relevant scale.
- Specific knowledge and experience working in the North America Automotive/Technology Market.
- Highly customer focused.
- Able to cope with time pressure and dynamic surroundings.
- Good people management skills (guide, challenge and engage your team).
- Working knowledge of a Sales Force Automation and Knowledge Management tools.
- Established relationships with North America Automotive or Technology OEMs and Tier 1 Suppliers.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual/presentation communication skills.