Spaceflight, a division of Spaceflight Industries, is revolutionizing the business of spaceflight by delivering a new model for accessing space. We are the commercial leader in the launch of small and secondary payloads providing comprehensive launch services and mission management. We provide a straightforward and cost-effective suite of products and services toenable access to space.
Our business is rapidly expanding, and we require experienced, creative, energetic sales professionals to help us capture and expand the market. We require exceptional individuals who desire to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment. Individuals must be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to independently identify and close new business in the small satellite industry.
- This position will be responsible for identifying, capturing and interfacing with Spaceflight's customers in the Asia region
- Candidates will be responsible for all elements of the sales process from early opportunity identification, lead development, market strategy, initial customer engagement, acquisition and contract closure.
- The Business Development Director will report to management on a weekly basis to provide pipeline status.
- Domestic and international travel to interface with the customer, attend meetings and tradeshows is required(approximately 40%).
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5+ years of professional experience.
- 5+ years of International sales experience AND / OR extensive experience of business development within Asia markets.
- Proven experience within the smallsat satellite and/or launch industry.
- Must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder)
- A strong understanding of the small satellite launch industry, available launch vehicles, their capacity and performance is critical.
- Engineering/technical background, highly preferred.
- Ability to perform spacecraft/satellite and launch market assessments including gathering and processing competitive intelligence data;
- Experience selling technical products in the satellite or related industry;
- Demonstrated experience locating and proposing potential business deals, writing technical proposals, responding tocommercial and/or government solicitation;
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and negotiating contracts and subcontracts;
- Demonstrated experience proactively engaging customers to draw out their needs and translating them into executable business and operational requirements, for the sake of clarity, candidates should be able to figure out what someone needs even if they can't describe it themselves and present their customer with creative solutions.
- Ability to develop technical sales/marketing material including brochures, datasheets, white papers, and customer briefings, deliver in a timely manner.
- Strong moral character in accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities toadd value to job accomplishments and demonstrate value to the company and our objectives.
- Multi-lingual, Japanese language skills, highly preferred.