Provides business development leadership and direction for one or more market sectors, both private and government. Understands complex business negotiations, and recognizes and acts upon opportunities to promote the Company's expertise and successful past performance. May travel extensively to cultivate new and ongoing business development endeavors. Typical responsibilities include major clients and major proposal/project activities (both domestic and foreign). Regularly interfaces with upper-level management and client personnel.
- Keeps abreast of overall business trends, particularly the current business climate. Executes long-term business and marketing strategies. Directs a marketing campaign to establish and cultivate long-term relationships with key client officials. Seeks opportunities to strengthen client relationships.
- Identifies potential clients within area of specialty and develops sales strategy. Understands and responds to potential clients' needs and objectives.
- Provides leadership and guidance to proposal team from inception to completion. Oversees the development of the pricing structure, as well as othercontract terms and conditions. Obtains senior management approvals.
- Manages significant lump-sum proposal efforts. Obtains pricing approvals per corporate policy.
- Negotiates contracts, including secrecy agreements and joint venture agreements.
- Acts as sponsor for foreign agent representative(s); negotiates and maintains agent agreement.
- Acts as sponsor during project execution.
- Directs activities of regional sales staff. May have sales responsibility across business units.
- Directs activities of overseas market region. Keeps abreast of national/international political and economic conditions.
- Keeps abreast of opportunities for project finance, such as private funds or accepting equity in the project
- Directs sales activities for satellite design offices.
- Performs otherresponsibilitiesassociated with this position as may be appropriate.
4-year degree in Engineering or Business (or equivalent) and least 25+ years of diversified experience, primarily within the business development realm of a large, multinational company, is required. Security market and direct experience with DOD and Federal Civilian agencies Broad experience working with the DOD, DHS, SPAWAR, USACE, IC, and DOJ is preferred.
A thorough understanding of proposal pricing, contract terminology, negotiations with potential clients, and the Company's policies and business objectives, is required. The incumbent must also possess strong written and oral communication skills, including excellent presentation skills. In addition, an exceptional ability to represent the Company favorably, to develop new clients (both domestic and foreign), and to negotiate with key members of other firms, is also required.