Requires: Experienced sales, track record (min. $50M per year) and network in the Retirement Plan marketplace.
The company is a growing New York leader in the fee-only, independent Financial Planning market. The Business Development Director is a results-driven position for a highly motivated self-starter who blends integrity with a strong work ethic and sells consultatively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Business Development Director is responsible for developing and selling the firm?s Retirement Plan Services to qualified institutions with retirement plans.
? Assume total ownership of the sales cycle from initiation to closing. This includes:
- Creating, building, and managing a sales pipeline.
- Maintaining a clear understanding of key sales metrics and using them to continuously improve results.
- Continuously reporting activities and results.
- Managing multiple prospects with a clear understanding of the key decision maker(s).
- Grouping prospects and creating tailored sales actions for each.
- Quantifiable sales track record (min. $50M per year) in the retirement plan marketplace, with solid relationships with Plan Sponsors.
- Bachelor?s degree
- Possess relationships with viable ?Centers of Influence? within the retirement plan marketplace and have a demonstrated track record of success in leveraging these relationships.
- Strong desire and demonstrated ability to pursue new business opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills with well-honed presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to gain respect and trust from a broad group of constituents including corporate executives, financial intermediaries, trusted advisors, and others.
- Demonstrated track record in prospect engagement, pipeline management, and sales conversion.
- Engaging, proactive, motivated and assertive personality.
- Proficiency with sales tools (CRM, Outlook, Word, etc.) including on remote devices.
- Experience at a smaller, growing company where you took ownership of the sales cycle while helping to build the salesinfrastructure, sales collateral (marketing), etc.