The Business Development Director, Retail has a hunter’s instinct. Drawing from extensive success in previous selling roles, this seasoned, top-performing pro knows how to target prospects, cultivate relationships, close deals and aggressively drive revenue. The Business Development Director is adept at continuously learning new concepts, services and products, and conveying them in a compelling way to their targets.
- Penetrate and develop strategic relationships at the client’s C-suite and senior level
- Leverage Inmar’s market position to drive strategic solutions in a complex sales environment
- Sell software/consultative solutions in a retail environment for selected vertical markets
- May mentor and provide some solutions expert support to Client Development Directors and District Vice-Presidents
- Work autonomously and manage presentations and strategy associated with sales with little to no assistance from their Sales Leader
- Manage internal cross functional relationships and communications for maximum productivity
- Develop vertical expertise in order to successfully execute sales objectives
- Develop a deep knowledge of assigned clients/prospects
- Create/develop innovative networking skills to develop and drive pipeline for assigned solutions
- Create and deliver value based pricing at the decision making level
- Manage a complex sales environment involving multiple decision makers
- Maintain detailed, accurate records in Salesforce.com
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Teamwork: Builds relationships and works cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives to build and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships, leverage information and achieve results.
- Communication: Giving and receiving messages and information in written, oral, and visual formats in a clear and concise way for a complete understanding of meaning and intent.
- Problem Solving: Gathers and analyzes information to generate and evaluate potential solutions to problems, issues and challenges while weighing the accuracy and relevance of the facts, data and information.
- Establish Focus: The ability to develop and communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Integrity: Gains the trust of others by taking responsibility for own actions and telling the truth.
- Negotiation: Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Business Acumen: Understands and is aware of how to think about and successfully make the right business decisions through the utilization of industry-specific knowledge and skills and strategic thinking tools and skills.
- Vision & Strategy: Takes a long-term view and builds a shared vision with others while positioning the organization for future success by identifying new opportunities, formulating objectives and priorities, and implementing plans consistent with the long-term interest of the organization in a global environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years work experience and/or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to complete the major responsibilities/essential functions of the position.
- Proficient with Salesforce.com
- Proficient with Google Suite
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Expert with the consultative sales approach
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- Regularly required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- Occasionally required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to ## pounds.
- Regularly required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.
- Support a safe work environment by following safety rules and regulations and reporting all safety hazards.
As an Inmar associate, you:
- Put clients first and consistently display a positive attitude and behaviors that demonstrate an awareness and willingness to listen and respond to clients in order to meet their short-term and long-term needs, requirements and exceed their expectations.
- Treat clients and teammates with courtesy, consideration and tact; you also have the ability to perceive the needs of internal and external clients and communicate effectively with the objective of delighting and retaining the client.
- Build collaborative relationships and work cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives, develop and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships, leverage information and achieve results.
- Set and attain achievable, yet aggressive, goals with a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Understand that results are important and focus on turning mission into action to achieve results following the principles of Flawless Execution while consistently complying with quality, service and productivity standards to meet deadlines and exceed expectations by giving our clients the best possible outcome.