Day & Zimmermann is actively accepting applications for a Business Development Director, Process & Industrial (P&I) for our Greenville, SC office. Reporting directly to the Senior Director, Business Development P&I. This position is responsible for growing business through new customer development to increase revenue.
The Big Picture – Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Long cycle sales experience that carried a sales goal of at least $15 Million/year.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong ability to influence and build relationships.
- Ability to clearly and concisely convey technical, financial, and contractual information, to all levels of the organization, internally and externally, orally, via written word, and through presentations.
- Ability to clearly and concisely convey technical, financial, and contractual information, to all levels of the organization, internally and externally, orally, via written word and through presentations.
- Candidate shall have the ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast pace environment, and the ability to work as an individual contributor in a team environment.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Market and sell Engineering Services, Construction Management, Project Management, and Maintenance Contracting Services to customers. Formulate the account plan &strategy to optimize success and maximize revenue.
- Develop and actively maintain strong relationships throughout the customer organization, from the plant level up to and including Vice Presidents and/or Executive Officers at both the site and Corporate Office.
- Develop and actively maintain relationships with key customer vendors, and identify potential strategic partners.
- Gain a complete and thorough understanding of the customer's Business Goals, Objectives, and 3-year plan for major projects and maintenance / turnarounds
- Determine the proposal strategy and support proposal preparation for all work bid to customers.
- Support Process & Industrial site and Corporate ECM operations, as required, to remove roadblocks in order to optimize success, minimize non-performance issues, manage conflicts, and maximize contract profitability.
What’s In It For You?
- Work for the #1 Operations & Maintenance contractor in the power industry, as ranked by Engineering News-Record;
- The successful candidate will receive a competitivecompensation package, 401k plus company match, a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan, paid time off
What You Need To Bring To The Table:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, construction management or related field.
- 9-12 years of progressive technical sales/Business Development experience; operations experience is a plus
- Strong technical aptitude with a solid understanding of the Process & Industrial EPC Industry.
What Are You Waiting For? Apply Now!
Essential Functions: The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires that employers analyze and document essential position functions for all positions, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
These are the essential functions required for this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery)
- Balancing (e.g., maintaining equilibrium when walking, climbing, crouching etc.)
- Reaching (e.g., reaching arms or legs in any direction)
- Repetitive motions of any part of the body
- Fingering (e.g., picking, pinching, typing, or other working that uses the fingers
- Grasping (e.g., use of hand to apply pressure)