Northern Trust is seeking an enthusiastic and innovative senior person to play a key role in the distribution of Northern Trust Asset Management’s digital investment platform. As a Business Development Director, you will play an instrumental role in developing and executing on our strategy to increase our core share of market and grow our strategic client base. This person will work alongside the Head of Business Development and have direct interaction with Northern Trust’s most senior executives. This is an opportunity to accelerate our go to market strategies and bring the vision of Emotomy to our clients, with the support of one of the largest Asset Managers in the world.
We are looking for a person with a successful track record of developing relationships with financial intermediaries, including proven expertise in developing enterprise level relationships. The person must have outstanding teamwork and communication skills. The person must be extremely comfortable executing within the ambiguous nature of a fast-moving startup as well as dealing with some of the intrinsic complexities of a corporate environment. The person must be comfortable and experienced working with, and leading, strong teams.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Identifying, qualifying and closing new business opportunities by helping clients realize and understand the value of Emotomy
- Managing and leading communication with clients throughout all aspects of the business development process which includes, but is not limited to; scheduling, leading client presentations/meetings, proposal development, contract negations and close
- Serving as an expert on the digital investment advice platform, investment products and services as they relate to the competitive aspects of the investment marketplace.
- Initiating frequent contact with financial intermediaries or competitor institutions, and internal partners.
- Collaborating with various internal cross-functional groups as needed to bring forward the full value of Northern Trust for our clients and prospects
- Promoting the company and its products through industry conferences and periodicals.
Necessry Experience and Education:
- 7+ years of experience in SaaS or product sales to RIAs and other financial intermediaries.
- Strong problem solver with ability to manage conflict and lead the team towards creative solutions.
- Experience and understanding of Investment Management and Advisory business processes/domain.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to contribute the innovative solutions.
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals.
- Ability to roll up their sleeves and evolve with the strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree, Masters in Business Administration and/or CFA preferred.
- Series 7 and Series 65/66 licensed or able to obtain within 90 days of employment
Personal and Professional Competencies:
- Leadership – The ability to select, develop, motivate, and empower groups of people to work together in a committed way to achieve a common mission or goal.
- Results Orientation – Rigorously holding one’s self and others accountable for achieving high levels of individual and organizational performance and is keenly focused on results.
- Judgement – Showing wisdom in making decisions and acting with a view to what is most appropriate, reasonable, timely and realistic.
- Conceptual Skills – Understanding complex situations or organizations in their entirety, grasping interrelationships and essential elements, and seeing their implications.
- Learning Agility – Quickly absorbing new information and the significance of changes in dynamic situations.
- Curiosity – Demonstrating a passion for learning, speculating on “what if” scenarios, and engaging in strategic inquiry.
- Teamwork – ability to forge strong relationships with professionals across business segments, functions and locations.