The Business Development Manager/Director position is a key sales role within the sales team for North America, responsible for executing regional sales and business development strategies for target companies within the vertical. (Retail, CPG, Manufacturing, High Tech, Energy, Transportation, Banking, Insurance or Healthcare) - positions are for each vertical respectively.
The candidate will play a hunter role, responsible for acquiring new clients for CLIENT. He will target sales of CLIENT's entire portfolio of IT Outsourcing services including Consulting, Enterprise solutions, BPO, ADM, Testing, Infrastructure and Engineering Services, for targeted large "Fortune 500" firms. The position's primary responsibility is to achieve new sales results for CLIENT' services in the sales regions identified above. The candidate ill develop revenue-producing relationships with decision-making CXO level executives at targeted firms, as well as drive the sales cycle of all assigned sales opportunities from initial prospect communication through contract execution. The role is supported by on-site and offshore Pre-Sales & Solutioning teams.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets established by the Sales Head and execute business development, offering positioning and sales strategies as a member of sales team for North America.
- Achieve lead generation, prospecting and other sales management goals designed to build an optimal sales pipeline.
- Personally develop strong, long-term relationships and referrals with senior management at targeted firms
- Manage the end-to-end sales process for all opportunities including initial client communication, on-site presentations, RFI response, multi-day client workshops, RFP response creation and submission, negotiation and deal signing. The candidate is the focal point for all communication and sales activities with prospects and customers.
- Work in close collaboration with CLIENT' presales team & delivery teams to ensure that proposed offerings and services fully meet customers' business and technology needs.
- Provide support to customers during initial phases of an engagement. Follow up and ensure total client satisfaction through the lifecycle of the relationship.
- Support the team's market research and competitive positioning analysis in partnership with regional presales, marketing and product development staff.
- Adhere to all CLIENT Sales, Human Resource, and corporate ethical policies, standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrate strong personal communication and presentation skills to establish interest, credibility and trust.
Skill and Experience Requirements
- Strong hunter profile with a proven track record of success in selling technology IT offshore based outsourcing services
- Demonstration of ability to prospect, qualify and close multi-tower large IT services opportunities
- Demonstration of a consistent over-achievement of large client acquisition and sales revenue targets.
- At least 10 years of experience in selling IT services within the region, preferably working in a leading IT services & products firm with prior experience of working with offshore (India) teams.
- Strong local contact base and access to alumni, local associations, industry associations within the region.
- Good understanding of one or more of the industry segments within the High-tech Unit.
- Experience with vendor selection processes including RFI and RFP issuance and response management;
- Experience of working on opportunities run by Third Party Advisory Firms such as ISG, KPMG, PWC, Pace Harmon etc.
- Understanding of customer decision making criteria as it pertains to offshore services, consulting, enterprise solutions
- Ability to maintain strong sales management focus during sales cycles that are typically six months to one year in duration.
- Demonstrated ability to manage often complex negotiations with senior-level business and technology executives at leading High Tech firms.
- Prior experience in relationship building with industry executives at trade shows, conferences, industry events and professional association meetings.
- Strong analytical and negotiations skills.
Bachelor's degreerequired. MBA a plus.