Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
We are seeking an outstanding candidate with demonstrated leadership experience and a professional track record of exceptional performance in key leadership positions to build out its business inorganically through smart capital allocation to M&A, JVs, partnerships, and alliances.
The candidate will have strong business acumen and strategic analysis, quick comprehension of the business models, technologies, products, services, solutions offered and strategic plans for growth. The candidate will have significant experience within an industrial - or IIoT - focused company, boutique investment bank, or management consulting firm or a similar background with proven strategic growth/inorganic growth experience in the industry. The selected candidate will report to the SVP, Chief Commercial Officer and be part of the IMDS Leadership Team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Business development, strategic deal structuring, including mergers, acquisitions, alliances, partners & ideally experience acquiring or partnering with tech/software companies
- Monitor the M&A and competitive landscape to help identify and prioritize appropriate opportunities, including through tracking of public companies and interaction with investment bankers and other sources of opportunities
- Support SVP, IMDS in building a game board with a robust pipeline that converts to a strong narrative around the vision of inorganic growth
- Oversee and manage due diligence and integration planning and execution in close coordination and cooperation with the acquiring business unit; oversee valuation and negotiations with primary governance over the same
- Support the development and screening of potential transactions from internal and external “deal sources” and from his/her own strategic market and technical research and in collaboration with Oceaneering BD resources. Provide thought leadership regarding “strategic fit”
- Lead cultivation of selected acquisition targets within served and adjacent markets
- Advise senior management of the merits of specific investment opportunities based on thorough analysis and evaluation in the context of over-arching strategic priorities
- Ensure Oceaneering’s M&A policies and procedures are always complied with and provide periodic training on the same; Facilitate Corporate approval process for all deals
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, approximately 25-50%
- All other duties as assigned.
- No immediate supervisory responsibilities but will be developed with business growth.
- SVP & Chief Commercial Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8-10 years’ experience executing transactions from start to finish, utilizing strong financial capabilities and project management skills
- 8-10 years of leadership experience within a corporation, boutique investment bank, Big 4 transaction services and/or management consulting firm with demonstrated results in leading and achieving strategic growth/inorganic growth