This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Director (fundraising/sales) to oversee our Go Red For Women campaign within our Seattle Division.
The Business Development Director is responsible for advancing the American Heart Association's mission through the planning, management and implementation of the annual Go Red For Womeninitiative – theAHA's national movement to end heart disease and stroke in women.
This position will be directly responsible for the cultivation of corporate sponsorships, individual donors and volunteer recruitment to meet an overall fundraising goal of $290K.
Essential Job Duties:
- Identifying and recruiting a group of an influential, financially strong and inclusive volunteer leadership members to support campaign
- Activating and motivating volunteer leadership team through their personal and corporate giving and influencing involvement and giving of others
- Developing a year-round pipeline and cultivation plan for corporate accounts and donors with an approach that matches donor interests with the AHA mission
- Engaging individual philanthropic donors through the AHA's giving society opportunities
- Driving new business development through sponsorship and corporate fundraising. High focus on developing relationships with new companies
- Planning, managing and executing the Go Red For Women Luncheon and strategically evaluating campaign growth opportunities
- Conducting community networking and outreach through 10+ face-to-face meetings on weekly basis with donors, volunteers and sponsor prospects
- Communicating timely with Senior Business Development Director, Executive Director and internal and external customers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in fundraising, sales, business development or marketing
- Ability to recruit, train and manage volunteers
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and motivation
- Ability to apply sound judgment and problem-solving skills to conflicts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends on occasion
- Knowledge and skills in fundraising principles, practices and techniques
- Experience managing and cultivating high-level leaders at the c-suite level
- Knowledge of local corporate and community networks